19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Excitable Boy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 16/02/2011 - 13:42
Posts: 148
Cowon X7

Am after an MP3 player that is not Apple, has a big storage capacity, and sounds great. The Cowon X7 seems to fit the bill on all three. Correct or not ?

grdunn123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 24/09/2007 - 19:51
Posts: 1535
RE: MP3/MP4


Why not Apple? Cowon is expensive and doesn't get great user reviews on some sites. Probably would have benefitted from having Android user interface.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: MP3/MP4

A Cowan X7 offers far superior audio quality than an Apple. (The Ipod is the weakest of Apples lineup).

I'd also check out the Cowan S9.

 

 

 

 

grdunn123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 24/09/2007 - 19:51
Posts: 1535
RE: MP3/MP4

TechMad wrote:

A Cowan X7 offers far superior audio quality than an Apple. (The Ipod is the weakest of Apples lineup).

I'd also check out the Cowan S9.

 

 

 

 

Your statement about sound quality is based on what exactly? Apple Ipod Touch has a far superior display/screen.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: MP3/MP4

grdunn123 wrote:
TechMad wrote:

A Cowan X7 offers far superior audio quality than an Apple. (The Ipod is the weakest of Apples lineup).

I'd also check out the Cowan S9.

 

 

 

 

Your statement about sound quality is based on what exactly? Apple Ipod Touch has a far superior display/screen.

 

Practically every review on the internet states the Cowan has superior audio quality. It is what they are renowned for. I'm looking at maybe getting their PMP, though I need to see how it compares to the new droids.

 

 

 

grdunn123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 24/09/2007 - 19:51
Posts: 1535
RE: MP3/MP4

TechMad wrote:

grdunn123 wrote:
TechMad wrote:

A Cowan X7 offers far superior audio quality than an Apple. (The Ipod is the weakest of Apples lineup).

I'd also check out the Cowan S9.

 

 

 

 

Your statement about sound quality is based on what exactly? Apple Ipod Touch has a far superior display/screen.

 

Practically every review on the internet states the Cowan has superior audio quality. It is what they are renowned for. I'm looking at maybe getting their PMP, though I need to see how it compares to the new droids.

 

 

 

So your basing your statements on other websites - not personal experience? Hardly scientific.

Northutsire's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 day ago
Joined: 06/01/2008 - 20:29
Posts: 13
RE: MP3/MP4

...and clearly a superior display/screen will make it sound better...

grdunn123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 24/09/2007 - 19:51
Posts: 1535
RE: MP3/MP4

Northutsire wrote:
...and clearly a superior display/screen will make it sound better...

That's a fatuous comment - no point in posting if you've got nothing constructive to add!Can you point me in the direction of a professional review of a like for like comparison which supports the Cowon offering far superior audio quality than the latest Apple Touch which is the claim being made?
robolowski's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 12/05/2010 - 14:20
Posts: 114
RE: MP3/MP4

Message to ipod owners .
Unless you are deaf or you just like the look of ipod or you can't show non ipod mp3 player in front of your friends keep it!

If you appropriate the sound quality sell it back to more naive one than you and treat yourself with quality player such cowon.
This is based on my own experience , and I am proud owner of iaudio 7 which in fact is far superior than ipods .

Previously had ipod 3&4th gen ,both rubbish

grdunn123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 24/09/2007 - 19:51
Posts: 1535
RE: MP3/MP4

robolowski wrote:
Message to ipod owners .
Unless you are deaf or you just like the look of ipod or you can't show non ipod mp3 player in front of your friends keep it!

If you appropriate the sound quality sell it back to more naive one than you and treat yourself with quality player such cowon.
This is based on my own experience , and I am proud owner of iaudio 7 which in fact is far superior than ipods .

Previously had ipod 3&4th gen ,both rubbish

You'll need to explain that middle sentence....I don't agree - both the Ipod Touch and the Iphone 4 have excellent sound quality ( as long as you ditch the supplied earphones and use 'lossless' files).

hammill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 15 hours ago
Joined: 20/03/2008 - 11:46
Posts: 2460
RE: MP3/MP4

grdunn123 wrote:
robolowski wrote:
Message to ipod owners . Unless you are deaf or you just like the look of ipod or you can't show non ipod mp3 player in front of your friends keep it! If you appropriate the sound quality sell it back to more naive one than you and treat yourself with quality player such cowon. This is based on my own experience , and I am proud owner of iaudio 7 which in fact is far superior than ipods . Previously had ipod 3&4th gen ,both rubbish
You'll need to explain that middle sentence....I don't agree - both the Ipod Touch and the Iphone 4 have excellent sound quality ( as long as you ditch the supplied earphones and use 'lossless' files).

The IPod touch may have great sound quality (my son has one and it sounds ok playing the rubbish he likes) but the op said "Am after an MP3 player that is not Apple, has a big storage capacity, and sounds great" . Since the touch does not have "big storage capacity" and is clearly an apple, it is irrelevant how good it sounds or indeed how marvellous the screen is since this does not seem to concern the op either. The X7 got 5* from What HiFi so is probably pretty good
.

grdunn123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 24/09/2007 - 19:51
Posts: 1535
RE: MP3/MP4


If you read the whole post - I simply asked 'Why not Apple?' - Depends what you class as 'big storage' - Apple Ipod Touch 4th gen also got 5 stars....still not sure what your point is?

hammill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 15 hours ago
Joined: 20/03/2008 - 11:46
Posts: 2460
RE: MP3/MP4

grdunn123 wrote:
If you read the whole post - I simply asked 'Why not Apple?' - Depends what you class as 'big storage' - Apple Ipod Touch 4th gen also got 5 stars....still not sure what your point is?

Then you must be a bit slow

robolowski's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 12/05/2010 - 14:20
Posts: 114
RE: MP3/MP4

I am sorry for mistakes in text , I am on phone at mo.

I have listened to iPhone and to be honest I couldn't hear much improvement over the ipod 4th gen and comeon iaudio 7 cost a.1/4 of the price!plus I can enjoy my music with the long life battery of 60 hrs.I am mainly focused on sq and not other features of mp3 player.And for that reason cowon is unbeatable along with many others...

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: MP3/MP4

You can always improve the sound quality a little using a headphone amp like a Fiio E5. I use one when I listen to music through my phone/PSP.

 

 

grdunn123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 24/09/2007 - 19:51
Posts: 1535
RE: MP3/MP4

hammill wrote:

grdunn123 wrote:
If you read the whole post - I simply asked 'Why not Apple?' - Depends what you class as 'big storage' - Apple Ipod Touch 4th gen also got 5 stars....still not sure what your point is?

Then you must be a bit slow

Not really clever to resort to insults....I actually do suffer from mild cerebral palsy and this kind of comment is something I've become used to.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments