It's that time again: we're now into our second day of Amazon Prime Day TV deals. Amazon Prime Day 2021 is a 48-hour sales extravaganza that ends at midnight tonight and there are plenty of great TV deals to take advantage of before the clock strikes midnight.
There are serious discounts across the board, ranging from cheap 4K TVs (including Roku and Fire TVs) to more premium OLED TVs and QLED panels. And thanks to the Amazon Prime 30-day free trial, there is always the option to sign up, bag a few bargains, and then cancel your membership. Sneaky.
But, as with all sales, not every deal is as good as it may first appear. Just because a TV is heavily discounted doesn't mean you should go ahead and buy it. Also, prices fluctuate during the course of the year so you want to be sure a Prime Day price is a proper saving. Stick with us, and we'll take you to all the genuine bargains.
Here's a look at the best Amazon Prime Day TV deals we've spotted so far...
- View our pick of all the best Amazon Prime Day deals
Prime Day TV deals
The very best Prime Day deals
- Sign up to the Amazon Prime 30-day free trial to take advantage of the deals
- Amazon Echo devices: up to 50% off - starting from £9.99
- Amazon Ring doorbell: save 29% now £35
- Apple TV box
£139£119 at Amazon (save £20)
- Apple Watch: save £50 on the Series 6 Watch
- AirPods 2
£159.00now £123.98 (save £35)
- AirPods Pro
£249£187.99 at Amazon (save £62)
- Bluetooth speaker: JBL Flip 5
£119.99£69.99 (save £50)
- Bose 700 wireless headphones was £350 now £210 (save £140)
- Cheap soundbar: Panasonic Bluetooth soundbar was £99 now £59
- Criterion Collection: 20% off classic movies
- Deals under £15: save on basics, games, DVDs, cables, accessories
- Denon soundbars: save up to 25% on Bluetooth soundbars
- Dolby Atmos soundbar: Sony HT-ZF9
was £650now £479
- Echo (4th-Gen) smart bulb bundle £89.99 £54.99 at Amazon (save £35)
- Echo Buds wireless earbuds: save 58% now just £49.99
- Echo Dot 4th gen speaker: save 50% now £24.99
- Fire TV Stick 4K: save 46% now £26.99
- Fire TV Smart TVs: prices from £199, save 25%
- Gaming headset: 48% off surround sound headset
- Headphones: up to 58% off wireless headphones
- HDMI cables: save 15% now £10
- iPad Pro (2020) 512GB
£1069£836 at Amazon (save £233)
- iPhone 12 (64GB): was £799 now £669
- iTunes: save 10% on App Store and iTunes gift cards
- Kindle Paperwhite: save £40 now £79.99
- LG smart 4K TVs: from £699, save 24%
- Movies and TV shows: up to 50% off
- Philips 58in 4K Ambilight TV
£749£549 at Amazon (save £200)
- Portable projector: save 41% now £76
- PS5 games: up to 63% off PS5 games
- Samsung 4K smart QLED TVs: save 24%, from £499
- Sonos Beam soundbar with Alexa
£399£379 (White) at Amazon (save £20)
- Sony A8 65-inch OLED TV
£2399£1799 at Amazon (save £600)
- Sony WF-1000XM3 true wireless earbuds
£230£130 at Amazon (save £90)
- Sony WH-1000XM3 over-ear headphones
£330£198 at Amazon (save £132)
- Soundbars: up to 25% wireless soundbars
- True wireless earbuds: Sony WF-SP800N
was £180now £108
- UE Wonderboom speaker was £89 now £30 (save £59)
- USB-C cable: save 20% on fast-charging cables
Do you need to be a Prime member to get Prime Day TV deals?
Amazon offers non-Prime members a healthy choice of TV deals but if you want to shop the deepest discounts, you'll need an Amazon Prime subscription. The good news is that Amazon typically offers Amazon Prime free trials in the run-up to Prime Day. There's no lock-in contract, either, so you can cancel at anytime.
The retail giant will once again offer Prime members £10 credit to spend on Prime Day when they spend £10 on small business products in Amazon’s store between the 7th and 20th June. More than 300,000 sellers globally are included in the promotion – more than twice as many as last year.
It's also worth remembering that most major retailers operate price-matching policies. That means you'll see plenty of unofficial 'Prime Day' TV deals pop up at stores such as Currys, John Lewis and Richer Sounds. As ever, whether you're after a crisp 4K HDR picture or exceptional streaming smarts, we'll be searching high and low for the best Prime Day TV deals across the UK's most trusted online retailers.
What Prime Day TV deals can you expect in 2021?
From Monday 7th June 2021, Amazon devices such as Echo, Fire TV and Ring will be discounted by up to 50 per cent. Indeed, the deals have already kicked off with four months of Amazon Music Unlimited free for new subscribers and Prime members can get up to 50 per cent off selected movies and TV shows through Prime Video.
When it comes to Prime Day TV deals, Amazon likes to keep its cards close to its chest but a quick look at last year's offers could hint at what's coming your way this month...
Since Amazon carries a superb selection of top-tier TVs from brands such as Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Hisense and Phillips, there should be plenty of high-end discounts. Last year, for example, the 65-inch Samsung QE65Q950TS 8K TV dropped from £5999 to £4999 – a huge £1000 drop. There was also £400 off Sony's KD-55A8, the Japanese firm's top 2020 OLED.
We saw plenty of major markdowns when it came to the best cheap TVs, too. The 55-inch Hisense 55AE7000FTUK went for just £368, while the Samsung UE43TU7100, one of the company's cheapest 4K sets, dropped to £349. In some cases, we saw TVs going for less than half their original RRP.
We fully expect Amazon to pick up where it left off in October, and depending on the supply of the PS5 and Xbox Series X, we could see some huge discounts on the best gaming TVs. We could even see deals on Samsung's first-ever crop of Neo QLED Mini LED TVs.
Last but not least, it's well worth keeping an eye out for this year's time-limited 'Lightning' deals. The criteria for these deals are as follows:
1. At least 20% or £50/€50 (approx. AU$80) less than the current site price.
2. Must match/beat the lowest price of the year.
3. Strong sales history.
4. 3.5+ star rating.
Lightning deals typically last around 24 hours but some can sell out much quicker. If you're after an affordable TV with a crystal clear LED screen and plenty of apps, keep an eye on Amazon's deals page.
Everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Day 2021
Our pick of this week's best TV deals: 4K, OLED, QLED, HDR