Amazon Prime Day is over for another year... but it will be back for Amazon Prime Day 2020.
So what did we learn from Prime Day this year? Well, there were A LOT of deals. And Amazon sold an almost unfathomably high number of products, which must mean there are lots of happy bargain-hunters enjoying their shiny new toys right now.
In total, Amazon sold 175 million items, making it the biggest ever shopping event for the online retail behemoth, bigger even than Black Friday. Amazon Prime members across 18 countries were involved, double the number since the first Prime Day five years ago.
And with more Prime members than ever signing up over the two days of Prime Day, it looks like Amazon Prime Day 2020 will only be bigger.
Prime Day 2019 in numbers
- 175 million items sold
- $1 billion+ in savings worldwide
- 18 countries participated
- 2x as many Ring and Blink devices sold compared to last year
- 2x as many Fire TV Edition Smart TVs compared to last year
- 1 million headphones sold by Amazon US
- 200,000 TVs sold by Amazon US
- 100 lunchboxes sold by Amazon US
Prime Day 2019 best-selling items
Top-selling Prime Day deals included the iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum, MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener Chamberlain MYQ-G0301, and Amazon Smart Plug.
Prime Day was also the biggest event ever for Amazon devices, with the Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote topping the Amazon devices charts. The Fire 7, meanwhile, was the biggest-selling Amazon tablet.
Amazon quick links
Still in the mood for shopping? Check out the best deals right now via the links below.
- Amazon daily deals – today's Amazon deals
- Amazon electronics store – the home of all Amazon electricals
- Amazon devices – Alexa, Echo, Fire TV; all of Amazon's smart devices
- Amazon TV and video – TVs, projectors, set-top boxes and more
- Amazon home audio – home theater, speakers, stereo systems
- Amazon headphones and earphones – wired, wireless, noise-cancelling
- Amazon phones and accessories – cables, SIM cards, phone adapters
Amazon Fire 7 tablet
One of the best tablets out there for those on a tight budget. It’s cheap, cheerful, easy to use and has a lot of the functionality of its more costly counterparts. View Deal
When is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day 2019 ran from 00.01am (BST) on Monday 15th July until 11:59pm (BST) on Tuesday 16th July.
As for Amazon Prime Day 2020? We will have to wait and see but expect it to fall at around the time same time of the year.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is Amazon's take on Black Friday. While every online retailer gets involved in the now annual Black Friday bargain bun fight, Prime Day is all about Amazon.
The special day of deals is a members-only affair, so you'll need to be a Prime member to take advantage of the offers. Thanks to Amazon's 30-day Prime free trial, there is always the option to sign-up, bag a few bargains, and then cancel your membership.
Prime members are then able to take advantage of limited time only 'Lightning deals' as well as broader Prime Day deals across the site.
Amazon promises new deals every few minutes, with the deals dropping on the website and on the Amazon app (which gave members an early heads-up on the deals).
Prime Day ran in the US, Spain, Mexico, UK, Japan, India, Italy, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Australia, Singapore, Netherlands and Luxembourg.
And for the first time, Prime Day also ran offline, with savings coming to Whole Foods stores on the day.