Just back from the Bristol show. I know this thread is probably meant to be posted up somewhere else on the forum, but no one has posted there since August 2012!
Anyway i am wondering what everyone was impressed by?
For me it was probably as follows:
1. The Quad electrostatics - beautiful, natural and big (literally!)
2. The new Tannoy precisions - listening to jeff Buckley was spine tingling
3. The primare/golden ear setup would work fantastically well in my house. Very smooth indeed.
Good show, lots of bargains and very happy with my new Grado sr80i's which I treated myself to!
two things which did bug me though...
1. Getting in and out of the demo rooms - sit on the chairs everyone!
2. The musical taste of hi-fi makers. I have suffered some awful tunes today...more slap bass and Muzak I cannot take until next year!
Seriously though, Many thanks to everyone at what hi-fi though for a very enjoyable few hours.