The YouView update will be rolling out automatically from today over the next two weeks, and will come to the YouView TalkTalk box shortly after.
The new YouView features are:
– An enhancement to searching for programmes that are on now and next
– Search suggestions will return results matching the exact search term used
– Channel filters in the guide
– Choose from a range of filters in the guide and apply these to easily get to the type of viewing that interests you
The software update also fixes a number of YouView problems:
– Subtitles appearing ahead of time during playback of recorded programmes
– The fast-forward/rewind/skip buttons getting stuck during live TV and recorded programmes
– "Sorry that's not working” is displayed when attempting to set a recording through the guide
– Audio crackling on live TV and on demand programmes
– A black screen is displayed when exiting the CBeebies Tubes game by pressing the yellow button
– Network error or loss of connectivity whilst seeking within an on demand programme causes the box to become unresponsive
– Loading a player from the on demand section can result in a YVM-105 error message and the Player fails to load
– Connecting your YouView box to your mobile device fails because no code is displayed
– A small number of images not appearing in search results
You can check if you have the latest version by pressing the YouView button on your remote control, navigate to Settings > System Information > Software Versions.
If you have had the update you will see the following:
Manufacturer Software: 12.7.0
Component Software: 1.4.10
Platform configuration: 450 ISP Configuration: (varies by ISP)
For more details, see the YouView community support page.
See all our digital set-top box reviews
by Joe Cox