Every time a new issue of What Hi-Fi? is published – that's 13 times a year – we update our playlist with a new selection of the music we've been listening to (and testing with) in the past month.
And guess what, it's now that time.
The August 2020 issue of What Hi-Fi? is now on sale, and we've put together some of the best systems for every budget.
And we have an offer you can’t miss out on – for a limited time only, you can take out a digital subscription to any of Future's best-selling magazines from only £3 ($3/€3.25) per month.
This month we've put together a baker's dozen of systems, from budget to truly high-end, taking in digital, analogue and the portable – and even a bit of home cinema.
We also count down 21 of the best 80s movies you've never seen, discuss why Dolby Atmos being everywhere isn't necessarily a good thing, and of course top it off with a full complement of First Tests and our exhaustive Buyer's Guide.
Naturally, you're going to need something to test out all your new kit with, so here's a list of 20 songs – handpicked by our editorial team – we've been using for our reviews this month.
To listen to the playlist via the streaming service of your choice, just click on the relevant link below to load up on new music.
Listen: What Hi-Fi? Spotify playlist 2020
Listen: What Hi-Fi? Tidal playlist August 2020
Listen: What Hi-Fi? Deezer playlist August 2020
Listen: What Hi-Fi? Qobuz playlist August 2020
- 10 of the best songs to test your speakers
- 10 of the best hi-res albums on Tidal Masters
- 10 of the best vinyl albums to tell someone you love them
- 10 of the best-sounding vinyl records
- 12 great jazz recordings to test your hi-fi system
- 30 of the best piano tracks to test your system
- 50 of the best hi-fi albums for audiophiles
- 50 great British albums to test your hi-fi system