24 posts / 0 new
Last post
iceman16's picture
RE: Burmester 102 cd player RE: Burmester 102 cd player

Electro wrote:

iceman16 wrote:

Roby, I think I should change the title of this topic to Electrocompaniet EMC1UP. I just ordered the EMC1UP (ex demo 8 mos.old)with a brand new spider clamp this afternoon Smile The dealer(guy) I bought it from was very knowledgeable, straightforward and helpful. I will be receiving the cdp by tuesday next week.

Well done and a very good decision IMO :grin:

You will not regret it for one second it is a very special Cdp .

Looking forward to your review Smile

Don't forget to release all the transit screws as per the instructions or if you are not sure just ask and I will advise if needed.

You are in for a real treat :grin:

Thanks Electro.. I really appreciate that Smile The dealer will also make the spider clamp ready for me so it'll be ready as soon as it arrives :grin:

Main system: Musical Fidelity AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT AVt MA / Matrix 12 xlr cables

Bedroom: Laptop(Qobuz) / Chord gem / Rega Brio-r / KEF LS50 / TQ black

CnoEvil's picture
RE: Burmester 102 cd player

iceman16 wrote:

Roby, I think I should change the title of this topic to Electrocompaniet EMC1UP. I just ordered the EMC1UP (ex demo 8 mos.old)with a brand new spider clamp this afternoon Smile The dealer(guy) I bought it from was very knowledgeable, straightforward and helpful. I will be receiving the cdp by tuesday next week.

Also agree....as I had another good listen (in an all Electro system), as reported on my "Touraj Moghaddam" thread (with pics).

When I first demoed the 35i at the dealer, it was with the Electro CDP and Focal Diablo Utopias...it is really good.

I've heard the difference the Spider Clamp makes, and it is (imo) certainly worth having.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Roby's picture

Congratulations

Now I'm even more curious Wink

Electro's picture
RE: Burmester 102 cd player RE: Burmester 102 cd player

iceman16 wrote:

Electro wrote:

iceman16 wrote:

Well done and a very good decision IMO :grin:

You will not regret it for one second it is a very special Cdp .

Looking forward to your review Smile

Don't forget to release all the transit screws as per the instructions or if you are not sure just ask and I will advise if needed.

You are in for a real treat :grin:

Thanks Electro.. I really appreciate that Smile The dealer will also make the spider clamp ready for me so it'll be ready as soon as it arrives :grin:

You made the right decision in having the dealer do the spider clamp upgrade !

I upgraded mine and the centre that fits to the spindle is a different type to the one used with the original puck and has to be changed and it is very very tight , it is not a job for the feint hearted :O  .

It was worth the effort though , I was not expecting much difference and to be honest the main reason I upgraded it was because it looked good Smile but I was quite shocked at the improvement it made .

I went for the cool blue one Smile

http://www.luxurie.me/electrocompaniet-spider-cd-clamp-for-emc-1/

Electrocompaniet EMC 1 UP , Monarchy Audio DIP, Electrocompaniet ECD 1 dac , EC4.8 preamp , 2x AW180 monoblock power amps , PMC PB1i speakers . Thousands of Cd's .

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Burmester 102

I was searching for pro pictures of the Burmester 102 so I can post our Burmestersale online and saw this string.  We are selling our entire Burmester demo line from our LA store.  We have a 102 that has been out of box for about 3 months and is in perfect condition.  The list price is $9,495 and we are selling for 40% off at $5,700.  We have all materials: box, manuals, remote, power cord, etc.  This also comes with a full 1 year manufacturers warranty.  If you are interested please let me know: bradley@audiohigh.com - feel free to visit our website as well at www.audiohigh.com.  

Macspur's picture

Roby wrote:

No interest for the AMS cd ?

Or have you heard it? If so what where you're impressions?

Personaly I havn't heard it but really want to before making a disission.

at this point I have only 2 player in mind AMS & Electrcompagniet witch I will demo on Friday. (I actualy go to demo the Avalo Ascendent but I asked to connect the electrocompagniet.)

Really looking forward to results of your demo today Roby... don't keep us hanging on like usual please!

:poke:

Mac

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack, matching LS stands.

Roby's picture

I'l do my best Wink

The hardest thing is to chose the right cd's now...

I still have a bit of a cold witch is enoying caise not shure I can fully trust my ears today....but I have my usual back up with me Alex Wink

iceman16's picture

Hi Roby, Could you please let us know if the demo room is acoustically treated and how big it is? Secondly, What interconnects and speaker cable being use Smile Thanks

Main system: Musical Fidelity AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT AVt MA / Matrix 12 xlr cables

Bedroom: Laptop(Qobuz) / Chord gem / Rega Brio-r / KEF LS50 / TQ black

Pages