24 posts / 0 new
Last post
iceman16's picture
Burmester 102 cd player
English

Has anyone heard the Burmester 102 cd player?

Main system: Musical Fidelity AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT AVt MA / Matrix 12 xlr cables

Bedroom: Laptop(Qobuz) / Chord gem / Rega Brio-r / KEF ls50 / TQ black

drummerman's picture
RE: Burmester 102 cd player

Can you get close to one without having to produce a clean CRB check and proof of Lordship?

... erm, perhaps another combination ...

regards

iceman16's picture

I have included the Burmester 102 to my shortlist in getting a proper source to work with my MF AMS35i.Given there's no chance of demoing the player,I have a quick chat to a dealer over the phone. I took the opportunity to ask a few questions on what I want to achive.He told me that the Burmester 102 is one of the best in its price range and even betters the Pathos endorphin which he also stock and on top of my list :?

Main system: Musical Fidelity AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT AVt MA / Matrix 12 xlr cables

Macspur's picture

Hi Iceman,

Are you still interested in the Electrocompaniet EMC1UP? if so, is there anywhere for  you to hear it?

There's a couple of ex demo models available at www.audio-cinema.co.uk

Mac

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

iceman16's picture
RE: Burmester 102 cd player RE: Burmester 102 cd player

Macspur wrote:

Hi Iceman,

Are you still interested in the Electrocompaniet EMC1UP? if so, is there anywhere for  you to hear it?

Mac

Hi Mac, Yes Im still interested and thanks for the info. But unfortunately my local dealer does'nt stock them so no chance for a demo :cry: Regards Iceman

Macspur's picture

iceman16 wrote:

Macspur wrote:

Hi Iceman,

Mac

Hi Mac, Yes Im still interested and thanks for the info. But unfortunately my local dealer does'nt stock them so no chance for a demo :cry: Regards Iceman

Iceman, not sure where you're based, but Audio Destination in Devon would allow you a home demo if you wanted... Mike and Caroline a great couple to deal with.

Mac

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

iceman16's picture

Thanks Mac... I'll try to ring them tomorrow Smile

Macspur's picture

O and I meant to mention they do offer part exchange too.

Mac

Roby's picture

No interest for the AMS cd ?

Or have you heard it? If so what where you're impressions?

Personaly I havn't heard it but really want to before making a disission.

at this point I have only 2 player in mind AMS & Electrcompagniet witch I will demo on Friday. (I actualy go to demo the Avalo Ascendent but I asked to connect the electrocompagniet.)

Roby's picture

No interest for the AMS cd ?

Or have you heard it? If so what where you're impressions?

Personaly I havn't heard it but really want to before making a disission.

at this point I have only 2 player in mind AMS & Electrcompagniet witch I will demo on Friday. (I actualy go to demo the Avalo Ascendent but I asked to connect the electrocompagniet.)

iceman16's picture

Hi Roby, I have'nt heard the AMScd but it should be the perfect partner for the 35i. Its out of my budget which cost around £4700 ex demo. Anyway Im looking forward to your findings about the EMC1UP connected to the 35i Smile Have you heard the Pathos endorphin with the 35i? If so, how does it sound like? Regards Iceman

Roby's picture

Oké I understand

I didn't at first becaus correct me if I'm wrong but catalogeu price of the AMS and the Endorphine are tne same no?

Personally I had the chance listen to the Endorphine an afternoon during the phatos demo.

My feeling was it was a great player very balanced an detailed. But it was a bit to much for my taste I maen there where moments on certain cd's it was let's say trying to be to cold witch made it sometimes to analitical an even a bit cold...

But hey you have to take the rest of the gear in consideration.....

Basicly we where there for the phatos amplification so didn't really payed attention to the cd player.

Maybe one day I will have the chance to hook it up to my AMS35i an see what happens.

Anyway if you find a ex demo it's provably worth it but at almost the same price as the AMScd I would think about it twice

I will give my impression of my demo Friday even if I basicly go for the speakers I would pay attention to that cd player everybody is talking about.

It's a shame my budget is a bit limited at the momment....because he told me the player is for sale to ex demo 3500€ I think....

MM but if I take the Avalon's I think my current cdp will have to do the job for the next year or 2

iceman16's picture

Roby, I think I should change the title of this topic to Electrocompaniet EMC1UP. I just ordered the EMC1UP (ex demo 8 mos.old)with a brand new spider clamp this afternoon Smile The dealer(guy) I bought it from was very knowledgeable, straightforward and helpful. I will be receiving the cdp by tuesday next week.

Macspur's picture

iceman16 wrote:

Roby, I think I should change the title of this topic to Electrocompaniet EMC1UP. I just ordered the EMC1UP (ex demo 8 mos.old)with a brand new spider clamp this afternoon Smile The dealer(guy) I bought it from was very knowledgeable, straightforward and helpful. I will be receiving the cdp by tuesday next week.

Excellent Iceman!

Do you mind me asking from which dealer you bought it from?

Try and make sure to use XLR connections for best results.

Cheers

Mac

iceman16's picture

Macspur wrote:

iceman16 wrote:

Excellent Iceman!

Do you mind me asking from which dealer you bought it from?

Try and make sure to use XLR connections for best results.

Cheers

Mac

Hi Mac, First I just want to thank you for recommending the dealer(Audio & Cinema).Marcus is a great guy to deal with Smile

Electro's picture

iceman16 wrote:

Well done and a very good decision IMO :grin:

You will not regret it for one second it is a very special Cdp .

Looking forward to your review Smile

Don't forget to release all the transit screws as per the instructions or if you are not sure just ask and I will advise if needed.

You are in for a real treat :grin:

Electrocompaniet EMC 1 UP , Monarchy Audio DIP, Electrocompaniet ECD 1 dac , EC4.8 preamp , 2x AW180 monoblock power amps , PMC PB1i speakers . Thousands of Cd's .

Pages