Every time a new issue of What Hi-Fi? is published – that's 13 times a year – we update our playlist with a new selection of the music we've been listening to (and testing with) over the past month.
And guess what? Now is that time.
The May 2021 issue of What Hi-Fi? is now on sale, and we're focusing on all-in-one stereo speaker systems from industry heavyweights Dali, Q Acoustics and KEF.
We also go portable with 11 of the best noise-cancelling wireless on-ear headphones currently on the market, and travel back in time to 1991 to look at the still impeccable Sonus Faber Extrema standmounts.
As ever, there's also a full complement of First Tests and our exhaustive Buyer's Guide, while our back-page feature in this month's mag details five of the best musical soundtracks to test your system.
Naturally, you're going to need something to test out all your new kit with, so here's a list of 20 songs – handpicked by our editorial team – we've been using for our reviews this month.
To listen to the playlist via the streaming service of your choice, just click on the relevant link below and load up on new music.
Listen: What Hi-Fi? Spotify playlist 2021
Listen: What Hi-Fi? Tidal playlist May 2021
Listen: What Hi-Fi? Deezer playlist May 2021
Listen: What Hi-Fi? Qobuz playlist May 2021
- 10 of the best songs to test your speakers
- 10 of the best hi-res albums on Tidal Masters
- 10 of the best vinyl albums to tell someone you love them
- 10 of the best-sounding vinyl records
- 12 great jazz recordings to test your hi-fi system
- 30 of the best piano tracks to test your system
- 40 of the best 1990s albums to test your speakers
- 50 great British albums to test your hi-fi system