24 posts / 0 new
Last post
GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
My new MF M3i

Got my new integrated amp today...all set-up now.

First impressions are that it's awsome.For the first time iv'e realy heard my speakers.Before iv'e always used the sub in a 2.1....not anymore,no need,the bass and midrange is realy controled and smooth...infact iv'e done a side by side comparison:The 105 alows me to connect 5.1analogues to my avr and a balanced L/R into the MF.So all i need to do is switch the M3i from av1 to cd:)

The clarity (for want of a better word) is great.I have a cd by KT Tunstall...accoustic recordings its called.It was recorded in some guys front room on the Isle of Skye.As the first track starts i can hear a kind of mello hiss...(like i remember from playing vinyl)...i didnt hear this as pronounced via the avr.

It's bloody powerfull too....for comfortable listening levals its only a few clicks from silent :O

All in all i'm very very pleased with my purchase,and thanks goes too the Irish man who recomended the M3i for it's synogy with the speakers :cheers:

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12206
RE: My new MF M3i

Phew!

I'm truly delighted (and relieved) that you are happy.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1568
RE: My new MF M3i

GSB wrote:

Got my new integrated amp today...all set-up now.

First impressions are that it's awsome.For the first time iv'e realy heard my speakers.Before iv'e always used the sub in a 2.1....not anymore,no need,the bass and midrange is realy controled and smooth...infact iv'e done a side by side comparison:The 105 alows me to connect 5.1analogues to my avr and a balanced L/R into the MF.So all i need to do is switch the M3i from av1 to cd:)

The clarity (for want of a better word) is great.I have a cd by KT Tunstall...accoustic recordings its called.It was recorded in some guys front room on the Isle of Skye.As the first track starts i can hear a kind of mello hiss...(like i remember from playing vinyl)...i didnt hear this as pronounced via the avr.

It's bloody powerfull too....for comfortable listening levals its only a few clicks from silent :O

All in all i'm very very pleased with my purchase,and thanks goes too the Irish man who recomended the M3i for it's synogy with the speakers :cheers:

Welcome to the mf club I love my m6i enjoy
plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 10:56
Posts: 16361
RE: My new MF M3i

Nice one, GSB. Enjoy the sounds. Smile

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: My new MF M3i

Iv'e read alot about peoples experiances with hifi,now i realy do have my own:)

Been looking into audio speak so i could describe fully my impression,but didn't see a term for :grin:

GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: My new MF M3i

CnoEvil wrote:

Phew!

I'm truly delighted (and relieved) that you are happy.

Your a legend in 'ya own lounchtime matey :cheers:
CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12206
RE: My new MF M3i

GSB wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:

Phew!

I'm truly delighted (and relieved) that you are happy.

Your a legend in 'ya own lounchtime matey :cheers:

More like a sad ol' git who spends too much time on here.  Sad

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: My new MF M3i

On here and providing an informed opinion based soley on a talent for matching hifi/av equipmant,a qualified ear :shhh:

woodster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 24/06/2007 - 15:10
Posts: 329
RE: My new MF M3i

I have read so much on these forums about the M3I and M6I that I know I must go and audition at Sevenoaks in Southampton, what I fear though is my impulsive spirit to purchase. I have promised myself and my girly that I will purchase no hifi in 2013, as we save to move in December to our brand new home.

This all bodes ill, for me and my wallet, not to say my promise.

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1568
RE: My new MF M3i

woodster wrote:

I have read so much on these forums about the M3I and M6I that I know I must go and audition at Sevenoaks in Southampton, what I fear though is my impulsive spirit to purchase. I have promised myself and my girly that I will purchase no hifi in 2013, as we save to move in December to our brand new home.

This all bodes ill, for me and my wallet, not to say my promise.

Dance 4 :rockout: Good Luck :rockout: Dance 4 I moved on from audiolab and and love the MF sound  Smile
GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: My new MF M3i

woodster wrote:

I have read so much on these forums about the M3I and M6I that I know I must go and audition at Sevenoaks in Southampton, what I fear though is my impulsive spirit to purchase. I have promised myself and my girly that I will purchase no hifi in 2013, as we save to move in December to our brand new home.

This all bodes ill, for me and my wallet, not to say my promise.

Yeah...good luck 'wi that Blum 3
El Hefe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 21/06/2008 - 02:32
Posts: 1005
RE: My new MF M3i

Congrats... slowly but surely.... the sound of MF will grow and grow on you...

El Hefe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 21/06/2008 - 02:32
Posts: 1005
RE: My new MF M3i

Congrats... slowly but surely.... the sound of MF will grow and grow on you...

GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: My new MF M3i

It has already my friend,and i realy enjoyed a review by yourself on the mf :cheers:

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12206
RE: My new MF M3i

To connect a Sub to your M3i:

Connect L&R Pre-Out (M3i) -> Line In L&R (Sub)

You need to make sure you can connect both LFE (AV amp) and Line Level (M3i) to your sub, at the same time.

If in doubt, contact your dealer to make totally sure.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: My new MF M3i

Iv'e only a single feed into the sub,there is a L/R rca for the pe-out on the m3i,i'll look into it :cheers:

By the way the YPAO set my center as large,i take it it should be small,but any advantage o be gained by leaving it large?

Pages

Log in or register to post comments