We're used to the prices of flatscreen TVs tumbling by the day, but now projector prices seem to be following a similar pattern.
InFocus is the latest projector manufacturer to make its prices more competitive, with a £500 reduction on the IN81, down from £2499 to £1999 with immediate effect.
Far be it for us to suggest that the IN81 might have been overshadowed by its big brother, the Award-winning IN82 (£3000), which was our 2007 projector Product of the Year.
But the IN81 still a great five-star buy, especially at its new reduced price. "It delivers a beautifully bright, colourful picture with HD content, is easy to set up and use and good value," we said when we tested it last November.
Key technical highlights include:
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- Texas Instruments' DLP DarkChip 2 chipset with BrilliantColor
- Pixelworks 10-bit video processing technology
- Claimed contrast ratio from 3000:1 (native) up to 10,000:1 (iris-enabled)
- Two HDMI 1.3 inputs with DeepColor support
- Automatic colour gamut and black level calibration
- Digital vertical lens shift
- InFocus projectors are distributed in the UK by CSE Solutions.