More projector news, this time from Planar. It has a brace of new 1080p Full HD models, housed in curved, glossy piano black enclosures.
The £4400 PD8150 (pictured) and £3400 PD8130 incorporate 1080p DLP architecture, Gennum VPX video processing, and Dynamic Black and BrilliantColour image enhancement. Both will be available from March.
Planar says the Gennum VPX processing and scaling delivers a cleaner, smoother and more vibrant image, and claims the PD8150 has a contrast ratio of 15,000:1, and the PD8130 10,000:1, at 1000 max Lumens.
Both projectors are 1080p/24Hz compatible and include a selectable DLP frame rate control with four settings – Auto, 48Hz, 50Hz and 60Hz.
Other features include:
- Automatic ceiling mode detection
- Horizontal and vertical lens shift on PD8150, vertical only on PD8130
- Two HDMI 1.3 inputs
- RS232 control
- Two component inputs on PD8150, one on PD8130
- ISF day and night calibration settings
- Ten individual sharpness controls
- 11 built-in test patterns
- Three programmable image memory selection keys