There are certain products and devices that you expect to see heavily discounted for Cyber Monday, and then there are some deals that come out of nowhere and massively shake things up – this is one of those.
Three years after its release, the Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar remains the best-sounding – not to mention most expensive – soundbar we've ever tested, which is why it picked up yet another gong at the 2021 What Hi-Fi? Awards.
So good is this beast of a soundbar that it rarely gets any kind of discount, let alone a big one such as this. The fact that you can currently pick it up in the Cyber Monday sales with a huge $500 saving (available at Crutchfield and World Wide Stereo) is something worth celebrating.
$2500 $2000 at Crutchfield (save $500)
Standing over four feet wide, Sennheiser's Ambeo is not for the faint of heart or short of space. But it sounds sensational and boasts Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support. Relatively expensive by soundbar standards, but more than worth the money, particularly with this discount.
The Ambeo Soundbar is hugely impressive in every sense. It's a beast, standing at over four feet wide. It's also seriously heavier, which is good intel if you're thinking of lugging it back from the shops on the bus.
But all that space has been put to excellent use. While most soundbars rely on an external subwoofer, the Ambeo simply crams in larger, more powerful drivers – and it works a treat.
You can expect spine-tingling 3D audio that sounds totally effortless, sparkling dialogue and plenty of bottom-end grunt. Connectivity is just as impressive, with Bluetooth and Chromecast for streaming.
Around the back of the Ambeo Soundbar you’ll find four HDMI sockets, three of which are standard inputs, and one of which is marked ‘TV’ and supports eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel).
This means that not only can the Sennheiser pass signals (4K and HDR, including Dolby Vision) from the other inputs to the TV, it can also receive audio – including Dolby Atmos – from the TV via the one cable. That’s useful if Netflix and/or Amazon are your main movie and TV show sources, as both carry a good chunk of Atmos-enabled content.
It's worth noting the Ambeo Soundbar also supports DTS:X, another object-based surround sound codec that you can find on some 4K Blu-rays in place of Dolby Atmos.
Alongside the HDMIs are an ethernet socket (wi-fi is also supported), USB (for updates only), optical input and a stereo RCA aux-in. There’s a subwoofer pre-out, too, should you feel the need to add a dedicated bass unit.
Admittedly its size makes it a little tricky to position. And it doesn't come with a wall mount, so you might need a separate trip to your local hardware store. But once you're squared away the results are breathtaking.
Read the full review: Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar
The best Cyber Monday deals
- AirPods Pro: save $91 at Walmart
- Amazon: deals on Fire TVs, Fire TV Sticks, Insignia and Toshiba flatscreens
- Beats Studio Buds: down to $99.95 at Walmart
- Best Buy: $80 off Bose QC earbuds, $40 off Apple AirPods
- Bose wireless earbuds: save $80 at Amazon
- Cheap tablet: Amazon Fire HD
$150$75 (save $75)
- Crutchfield: 20% of Monitor Audio speakers, $500 of Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar
- Dell: up to $400 off XPS13 and Inspiron laptops
- Disney+ 6 months FREE Disney+ (save $48)
- Dolby Atmos soundbar: save $500 on Sennheiser Ambeo
- Fire TV Stick:
$60$40 at Amazon (save $20)
- Hi-Fi speakers: save $74 on Q Acoustics speakers at Amazon
- Hulu: 12-month subscription for $0.99/month (save 85 per cent)
- Nike: up to 40% off sneakers, hoodies and accessories
- OLED TV: save $203 on LG OLED C1
- PS5: where to buy a PlayStation 5
- Samsung: save on 2021 Neo QLED 4K TVs and Dolby Atmos soundbars
- Smart speaker: Google Nest Audio now $60 at Best Buy – save $40
- Sony XM4 headphones: save $102 on the WH-1000XM4 wireless ANC headphones
- Speakers: save $136 on KEF speakers at Crutchfield
- Walmart: big savings on TVs, soundbars and wireless headphones
- Wireless earbuds: save $102 on Sony XM3 earbuds
- World Wide Stereo: save up to $1000 on LG projectors