We'd argue, however, that neither is the best Apple Prime Day deal around. Because this one is...
Amazon has slashed a huge $70 off the Apple TV 4K video streamer for Prime Day, which means you can now pick one up for just $109 (opens in new tab).
That's the Prime Day price on the 32GB model (which should be enough storage for most people), but there's also a $70 saving on the 64GB model, now down $129 (opens in new tab).
The Apple TV 4K is packed with features including support for 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos. It picked up a What Hi-Fi? Award last year thanks to its outstanding picture and great usability. Ultimately, we think it's the best streaming box on the market.
It's rare to see a latest-generation Apple product marked down – let alone a What Hi-Fi? 2021 Awards winner – so if you're looking to add the best selection of apps and widest picture support to your TV, we'd grab this Prime Day Apple TV deal before it's too late!
- View all the Apple Prime Day deals on Amazon (opens in new tab)
Apple TV 4K
$179 $109 at Amazon (save $70) (opens in new tab)
In short, if you’re looking to buy the best video streamer currently available, the new Apple TV 4K is it. Excellent interface and unrivalled selection of content. And at this price, it's pretty hard to resist. See the $129 64GB model (opens in new tab).
If you want a 4K streamer, the now-discounted Apple TV 4K (2021) is an excellent choice. It boasts the biggest library of 4K HDR films available anywhere courtesy of Apple TV+ (the company's own streaming service) and of course supports 4K HDR on other video streaming services like Netflix and Disney+ too.
This five-star streamer also delivers Dolby Atmos audio and a great all-round performance. The A12 Bionic processor results in more realistic games and more lifelike videos, and the chip combines with a new HDMI 2.1 socket to add support for 4K HDR content in frame rates of up to 60fps.
Apple has even added support for spatial audio via AirPods Pro and AirPods Max headphones for Apple TV 4K boxes with the release of tvOS 15. That means you can now get a Dolby Atmos movie experience via headphones.
See all the best Prime Day deals
The very best Prime Day deals
- 32-inch TV
$180$100 at Amazon (save $80) (opens in new tab)
- AirPods 2nd Gen:
$160$90 at Amazon (save $70) (opens in new tab)
- Amazon Device deals: save up to 60% on Echo speakers and Fire tablets (opens in new tab)
- Amazon Fire TV deals: smart TVs with built-in Amazon Fire from $90 (opens in new tab)
- Amazon audio and home theater deals: turntables, headphones, speakers (opens in new tab)
- Apple Watch 7: was $399 now $299 (opens in new tab)
- DNA test: save $100, now half price on 23andme (opens in new tab)
- Dolby Atmos soundbar: LG SP8YA
$800$380 at Amazon (save $420) (opens in new tab)
- Echo Dot 4th Gen
$50$20 at Amazon (save $30) (opens in new tab)
- Fire TVs: deals from $89 (opens in new tab)
- Fire TV Stick
$40$17 at Amazon (save $23) (opens in new tab)
- iPad Pro
$799$699 at Amazon (save $100) (opens in new tab)
- Marantz PM6007 amplifier
$799$462 at Amazon (save $338) (opens in new tab)
- OLED TV: LG 48-inch OLED C1
$1297$797 at Amazon (save $500) (opens in new tab)
- PS5 Forbidden West bundle: just $549 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Sony WH-1000XM4 wireless headphones:
$350$228 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Stereo speakers: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2
$399$239 at Amazon (save $160) (opens in new tab)
- TCL 65-inch 4K TV
$1499$700 on Amazon (save $800) (opens in new tab)
- Turntable: Audio-Technica AT-LP60XBT
$219$199 at Amazon (save $20) (opens in new tab)
- Wireless earbuds from Sony:
$98$58 at Amazon (opens in new tab)