You've been bombarding us with questions on the Forums about the replacement for Onkyo's Award-winning TX-SR605 multichannel receiver, and today we have received full details of its successor, the £400 TX-SR606, which goes on sale next month.
Onkyo has also given us a detailed technical specification for the new TX-SR576 (£300) and TX-SR506 (£250) models, available from May.
The new SR606 won't cost a penny more than its predecessor and is equipped with the latest 192kHz DACs (digital-to-analogue converters) for all seven channels, advanced 32-bit processing and Onkyo's proprietary WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology).
It delivers 7 x 140w power, has onboard decoding for Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD and DTS-HD Master Audio and has a Music Optimiser function for improving the sound quality of MP3 and AAC tracks.
HDMI video upscaling to 720p/1080i is included as standard, there are now four HDMI inputs and one HDMI output, and Onkyo has specified Faroudja's DCDi (Directional Correlational Deinterlacing) circuit designed to eliminate video artifacts.
The Audyssey 2EQ room distortion correction and set-up system is retained on the new model, but it has been further improved with the addition of Audyssey Dynamic EQ. The SR606 can also be biamped to further enhance sound quality.
The full technical specification of the TX-SR606 is listed below. We'll post details of the TX-SR576 and TX-SR506 in a separate story.
* DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution
* Audio, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus Decoding
* HDMI 1.3a Audio and Video Processing (1080p; 4 Inputs and 1 Output)
* HDMI Video Upscaling (to 1080i)
* RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) for System Control
* HDTV-Capable HDMI Switching
* Deinterlacer with Faroudja DCDi Edge(tm) (Directional Correlational Deinterlacing) Technology
* Audyssey 2EQ to Correct Room Acoustic Problems and to Calibrate Speakers
* Audyssey Dynamic EQ for Loudness Correction
* Bi-Amping Capability for Music and Movie Surround Effects
* Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) Dock for the iPod
*Supports Deep Color
Tuner and other features
* 140 W/Ch Minimum into 6 _, 1 kHz, IEC (1 channel driven)
* DTS-ES Discrete/Matrix, DTS Neo:6, DTS 96/24,
* Dolby Digital EX(tm), Dolby Pro Logic IIx Decoding
* H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
* 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels
* HDTV-Capable (to 720p/1080i) Component Video
* Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output)
* WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
* Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
* 4 Digital Inputs (2 Optical/2 Coaxial)
* Subwoofer Pre Out
* Pure Audio Mode
* Direct Mode
* Form Listening Mode Memory
* Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
* Music Optimizer for Compressed Music Files
* Non-Scaling Configuration
* Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
* Color-Coded 7.1-Multichannel Inputs
* Independent Crossover Adjustment for F/C/S/SB
* (40/50/60/80/100/120/150/200 Hz)
* Double Bass Function
Remote interactive (RI) and iPod dock features
* Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Out for Playback in Another Room (Separate Source)
* Dual Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts for All Channels
* A/V Synchronization Function (Up to 100 ms in 10 ms Steps)
* 40 FM/AM Radio Presets
* RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP)
* 4 S-Video Inputs and 2 Outputs
* 5 A/V Inputs and 1 Output
* 2 Audio Inputs and 1 Output
* Digital Upsampling
* Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
* Headphone Jack
* Sleep Timer (via Remote)
* Battery-Free Memory Backup
* Aluminum Front Panel
* Newly Designed Preprogrammed RI (RemoteInteractive) Remote Control with Mode key LEDS