If you're struggling to squeeze a subwoofer into your room/past your partner, Velodyne may have the answer in the diminutive form of the MicroVee.
The bass box measures a tidy 22.9x22.9x24.4cm - that's roughly nine-inches squared in old money – while still claiming to deliver "huge" bass.
Velodyne's baby sub uses the latest generation of the company's patented digital amplifier, along with a triple-driver system, to deliver what the company describes as "room-pounding bass from a room-friendly box".
Aimed at both movie and music set-ups, the MicroVee is available from September, priced £575. We'll be running an exclusive First Test review of it in our November issue, out 20th September.
In the meantime, here are the MicroVee's full tech-specs:
- Drivers: active 6.5" forward firing anodized aluminium cone (5" piston diameter) 2 x 6.5" side-firing passive radiators with aluminium cones ?(5" piston diameter)
- ERS class D amplifier: 1200 watts Dynamic power, 600 watts RMS
- Frequency response: 38-120 Hz +/-3 dB
- Digital Dynamic Driver Control: yes
- Phase: 0 or 180 degrees (selectable)
- Low-pass crossover: 50 Hz – 200 Hz (adjustable), 12 dB octave, 48 dB ultimate
- Auto on/off: yes
- Magnet structure: 1.8kg
- Voice coil: 2" dual layer
- Inputs: speaker-level, mini-jack and gold plated line-level
- Outputs: speaker-level (120 Hz high-pass crossover), mini-jack (through)
- Subwoofer direct (crossover bypass): yes
- Cabinet (hwd) includes grill: 22.9 x 22.9 x 24.4 cm
- Warranty: electronics – 3 years (parts/labour) / driver – 5 years (parts/labour)
- Shipping weight (approx.): 9.1Kg
- Finish: black or white