Monitor Audio claims the new Gold speaker range has a "trinity of enhancements", with key upgrades to the bass cone, tweeter and grille design promising to bring "greater transparency, consistency and visual sophistication".
Prices start at £950 for the most affordable compact bookshelf speaker, the Gold 50, and the range is due in shops from the beginning of February.
Those three upgrades begin with the Gold series ribbon tweeter, which while mechanically identical to its predecessor on the GX speakers, such as the Gold GX50, Monitor Audio claims improved production tolerances will equal a more open, detailed sound.
The bass drivers on the Gold series use a version of the company's dimpled Rigid Surface Technology (RST) cone, as first seen on the GR and GS speakers, as part of "a more efficient drive assembly" that should deliver cleaner, deeper, more accurate bass.
Lastly, there are now magnetically-fixed "floating" grilles, updating the look of the Gold range.
More after the break
Monitor Audio Gold series 2015
The range in full comprises:
Gold 50 (above), bookshelf speaker, £950
- 5.5in bass driver and C-CAM ribbon tweeter
Gold 100, bookshelf speaker, £1250
- 6.5in bass driver and C-CAM ribbon tweeter
Gold 200, floorstand speaker, £2300
- Three-way design, twin 5.5in bass drivers, 4in midrange driver, ribbon tweeter
Gold 300, floorstand speaker, £3000
- Three-way design, twin 6.5im bass drivers, 4in midrange driver, ribbon tweeter
Gold C150, centre speaker, £650
- Ultra-compact, twin 5.5in driver, ribbon tweeter
Gold C350, centre speaker, £1000
- Three-way design, four-driver configuration
Gold FX, surround speaker, £700 each
- Direct or ambient surround sound, manual or automatic switch, six drivers, wall-mountable
Gold W15, subwoofer, £1750
- 15in C-CAM bass driver, 650w D2Audio DSP amplifier
See all our speaker packages reviews