Harman’s Revel brand has introduced its Concerta2 series, a range of stereo and surround speakers, at ISE 2015.
There are six models:
- F36 2.5-way floorstanding tower (1-inch tweeter, three 6.5-inch woofers) at $2000 per pair
- F35 2.5-way floorstanding tower (1-inch tweeter, three 5.25-inch woofers) at $1500 per pair
- M16 2-way bookshelf monitor (1-inch tweeter, 6.5-inch woofer) at $900 per pair
- C25 2.5-way centre channel (1-inch tweeter, dual 5.25-inch woofers) at $750 each
- S16 2-way surround speaker (1-inch tweeter, 6.5-inch woofer) at $1000 per pair
- B10 powered subwoofer (10-inch woofer, built-in 800W amplifier) at $1500 each
Revel Concerta2 F36
They have 1in aluminium tweeters with integral phase rings and ‘Acoustic Lens’ waveguides, which promise enhanced treble and more consistent performance over a wider area. Aluminium woofer cones aim to improve rigidity without adding mass.
Internally, there is edge-to-edge ‘window pane’ bracing to reduce cabinet colouration, while non-parallel walls help to prevent standing waves. The cabinets are of 3/4in MDF, finished in high-gloss black or white.
More after the break
Revel Concerta2 C25
“Our Concerta2 Series isn’t just a minor upgrade – it incorporates technologies and materials that are directly drawn from our acclaimed Performa3 loudspeakers along with a host of new design elements,” said Jim Garrett, Director of Marketing and Product Management, Harman Luxury Audio Group.
“The result is a significant leap forward in aesthetics, music and home theatre reproduction at prices that make true high-end sound attainable for a wider range of listeners.”
The Revel Concerta2 range will be available in autumn 2015. UK prices to follow.
Revel Concerta2 M16