We've just received our first official pictures of the Arcam AVR500, and more details of its full technical specification which you can see below.
And don't forget, you'll be able to see it for yourself at the Manchester Sound & Vision Show on October 17th-18th, before the unit goes on sale in December.
* Audiophile quality components for best sound quality
* Multichannel 7.1 analogue input for DVD-A or SACD sources
* Stereo direct mode bypasses and disables all digital processing for stereo analogue sources
* 8 stereo analogue inputs (including front 3.5mm AUX input)
* Zone 2 stereo audio, from analogue inputs (Source and volume control independent from main zone)
* Support for iPod via Arcam rLead / rDock (independent of RS232 connection)
* State of the art Analog Devices ADSP-21366 & ADSP-21367 DSPs for surround decoding
* Crystal Semiconductor DACs, stereo ADC and precision electronic volume controls
* Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital+, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS HD Master Audio
* DTS High Resolution Audio, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS-ES Matrix, DTS96/24, DTS Neo:6
* Dolby Volume gain management and Tonal correction processing
* Dolby Volume processing for balancing of program material gain and tonal balance
* Adjustable crossover switching 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz
* 8 digital inputs 4 rear optical, 3 co-axial, 1 front 3.5mm optical AUX input
* Global audio delay, adjustable from 0-1000 milliseconds, to compensate for video processing delays in
digital displays and sources with auto lip-sync for compatible displays
* 5 HDMI inputs (up to 1080p, Deep Colour)
* 2 HDMI outputs (up to 1080p, Deep Colour)
* 3 Component inputs, one monitor output (up to 1080i)
* 2 S-video inputs, one monitor output
* 2 Composite video inputs, one monitor output
* Full video up/down conversion & frame rate conversion of all inputs where technically allowed
* Video enhancements (per input): Edge enhancement, Mosquito noise reduction, Random noise
reduction, Block noise reduction
Custom Install Features
* Independent Zone 2 (audio & video), with fixed/variable volume
* RC-5 remote input jacks for both zones
* IP control over Ethernet (with optional Ethernet module)
* IR pass through for source components
* Full suite of discrete IR RC-5 codes, including separate on / off etc
* 12Volt triggers, on / off for zones 1 and 2
* Full duplex RS232 control input for more complex control systems
* Audio streaming and Internet radio via Ethernet port (with optional Ethernet module)
* Supplied with back-lit CR102 learning remote
* Control with support for up to 7 other components and a huge on-board code library
* Large, high contrast dimmable VFD front panel display
* User switchable between 120 & 230 volt mains supplies
* Size - 435mm (17.1in) wide, 415mm (16.3in) deep, 185mm (7.3in) high
* Weight 22kg (48.5lbs) nett, 27kg (59.5lbs) packed
There's been much chatter on our Forums about the new Arcam AVR500, baby brother to the AVR600, and now we can reveal that the new model will make its UK debut at the Sound & Vision Show in Manchester on October 17th-18th.
Arcam has already released some details on its own website, following the model's unveiling at CEDIA Expo in the US last week, and now more technical info is beginning to emerge.
The AVR500 is a seven channel design rated at 100W, and can decode all the latest high-definition audio formats. Initial indications are that it will sell for around £2500, a £1000 saving over the bigger model.
To keep the price down, it loses the network card for internet radio, streaming and IP control fitted to the AVR600. It also has fewer video and audio outputs and multiroom connections.
DAB and internet radio modules are expected to be optional.
Due to be available from December in silver and black, the technical specification includes: