1 post / 0 new
iMark's picture
Sony BDP-S590 coax/optical digital audio output
English

In another part of the forum I have written a post about hi res audio discs (downloads from the Bowers and Wilkins Society of Sound). I have burned some discs with Toast which are now 24/96 music discs on the DVD Video format.

The strange thing is that when I play these discs on our Bluray player, the output shows up as 24/96 LCPM on the screen of the TV but the output through a digital coax cable to our DAC only gives 48. I have also tried the discs in our old Sony HDD/DVD recorder and the output through digital coax is 24/96.

Does anyone know if the Sony BDP-s590 downsamples sound through the digital coax out? If it does, it's not documented anywhere in the manual. I have looked in the settings of the machine and I can't find any setting to get the digital coax out to 24/96 output.

It boggles the mind.

Yamaha R-S500, Infinity Overture 1, Cambridge Audio DACMagic, Sony KDL 40HX750, Humax iHDR 5200c, Sony BDP-S590, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III Comfort, Sony MDS-JE 520, Apple Airport Express, Apple Mac Mini (2013), Atacama Eris Eco 5.0