Have your say & ask the experts!

Sony 810 or Yamaha 667?

2 replies [Last post]
ellercj's picture

Hi

I have a Denon 1707 which has served me well the last few years but it cannot deal with HD soundtracks. 

I have a budget of up to about £300 and have been looking at the above amps. Both have received very positive reviews. I have a Sony 370 Blu Ray which I am please with and I have previously owned a Yamaha surround amp which I enjoyed the sound of.

Would the Yamaha be a significantly better beast than the Sony or do I save the £100, go for the Sony and buy a bunch of Blu Rays?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Chris

laserman16's picture
RE: AV receivers

Hi.

This same question was asked a few months ago.

Link to post here including my own reasons for the choice I made.

scene's picture
RE: AV receivers

Well I asked the same-ish question, in a very round about fashion and came to the same conclusion - I got an RXV-667, rather than the Sony.  Might want to look out for deals - the Titanium one I got was significantly cheaper than a black model - IIRC there was £100 in it!

Hi Fi: Arcam A85, DV88 (CD only), Project Debut II, Sonos ZP90, AE Compact-1.  AV: Arcam AVR250, DV79, Sony BDP-S760, Monitor Audio Silver 8i, RS-LCR, RXFX, Sonos ZP90, Pioneer KRP500A.  2nd AV: Pioneer SX-SWR2, Dell Zino HD, KEF KHT2005.2 eggs, Sonos ZP90.  Cables: That Cable HDMI, Chord Crimsons, CAT6 backbone  Sonos S5s in the bedrooms