7 posts / 0 new
Last post
WishTree's picture
KEF Uni-Q Generations - HTF 8003 Soundbar

Hi..

I am planning to get a Passive Soundbar for my HT to be driven with Marantz SR6006. Satellites might not be there and I will add a subwoofer.

I am wondering how good is KEF HTF8003 soundbar is and to which generation the Uni-Q driver belong to (BTW, what is the latest Uni-Q generation?)

Are there any other soundbars that need to be considered under 500 Pounds?

Please let me know

CnoEvil's picture
RE: KEF Uni-Q Generations - HTF 8003 Soundbar

Why not get a T series centre to go with your Refs....if they are to be used in your AV
http://www.hifix.co.uk/satellite-lcr-and-tv-speakers/kef/t301c.html

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

WishTree's picture

Thank Cno.. Luckily in new place, I will be able to seperate HiFi from HT albeit in a limited capacity. I will be having a work space in part of a room where I will be having HiFi (Classe + Kef Refernce). Living room will have the 55" Sony and Marantz AVR. However there is not enough space around the wall for 3 speakers and it becomes challenging to mount speakers far away.

So passive soundbar with seperate inputs for L, C & R sounds like a very good idea and that clubbed with a basic sub (preferably wall mountable) should do away the living room + HT system. 

That is when the KEF soundbar (though discontinued) seem to fit the bill. However I guess this was launched in 2009 so it should be alright.

By chance have you come across a thin wall mountable subwoofer (like the Paradigm MilleniaSub)?

CnoEvil's picture

What about an "in wall" sub:
http://small.linncdn.com/product-catalogue/documents/Linn_Sekrit_Br_27_Product_Information.pdf

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

WishTree's picture

CnoEvil wrote:
What about an "in wall" sub: http://small.linncdn.com/product-catalogue/documents/Linn_Sekrit_Br_27_Product_Information.pdf

That is totally doable! Thank you Smile

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

how about the monitor audio radius R One HD. should fit the bill nicely.

WishTree's picture

Just placed the order for KEF 8005 package with out subwoofer. Will keep posted once I receive it and set it up.