Here at What Hi-Fi? we use a lot of films and TV shows when testing the latest home cinema kit, but we also turn our hand to reviewing them as well.
From the latest Hollywood blockbuster to captivating experiences on the small screen, we've reviewed a number of 4K Blu-rays since the format's inception in 2016. With over 200 titles available to buy in the UK – and that's not including the titles you can freely import – there are plenty of 4K titles to choose from.
So whether you want something to show off your swanky new 4K Dolby Vision-enabled TV, or a film that will put your (hopefully Dolby Atmos or DTS:X compatible) home cinema set-up through its paces, here are all our 4K Blu-ray reviews in one place.
All titles feature HDR10 unless stated so, and we also specify if titles are upscaled to 4K or fully native 4K pictures. We'll be adding more reviews as and when new 4K titles are released, so stay tuned...
- Die Hard: 30th Anniversary – Native 4K, 5.1
"One of the greatest action films of the 80s gets a really good UHD presentation"
- John Wick: Chapter Two - Upscaled 4K, Dolby Atmos
"It does well in the bright scenes and has a great amount of detail for your system to handle."
- Transformers: The Last Knight - Upscaled 4K, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos
"The image is bold and colourful and the sound is hugely immersive."
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle – Upscaled 4K, Dolby Atmos
"The UHD presentation is much punchier and crisper than the picture on the Blu-ray."
Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle – Upscaled 4K, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos
"There’s an old school, back-to-basics feel about the film, with the onus on character rather than action"
- Despicable Me – Upscaled 4K, Dolby Vision, DTS:X
"It’s a dazzling, bright, fun film that is sure to entertain the young ’uns - and playing with the HDR picture formats can keep the adults enthralled."
Read our Despicable Me 4K Blu-ray review
- Murder on the Orient Express – Native 4K, Dolby Atmos
"The production design is what really grabs your attention and despite the cramped confines of the setting, this is likely to be the most expansive and gorgeous looking interpretation of the novel"
More after the break
- The Revenant - Native 4K, 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
"If you're looking for something to show off a high-end TV, you'll enjoy The Revenant."
Read our The Revenant 4K Blu-ray review
- Life of Pi - Upscaled 4K, 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
"Life of Pi is one of the most impressive (picture-wise, at least) [4K discs] we've come across."
Read our Life of Pi 4K Blu-ray review
- Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk – Native 4K, 60fps, Dolby Atmos
"Billy Lynn is worth a look, especially if you want to know what the future of cinema might potentially look like."
- Paddington 2 – Upscaled 4K, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos
"The UHD disc is an impressive effort with a colourful and expressive picture and a solid Dolby Atmos track"
Read our Paddington 2 4K Blu-ray review
- Labyrinth - Native 4K, Dolby Atmos
"While retaining all of its original charm, Labyrinth in 4K manages to deliver new levels of detail, depth, colour and contrast, previously trapped behind the limitations of technology."
Read our Labyrinth 4K Blu-ray review
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - Upscaled 4K, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos
"The picture is a bright, sleek and pretty effort and if you have the set-up, the Atmos track is enjoyable."
Read our Valerian 4K Blu-ray review
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Native 4K, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos
"In terms of visuals and sound it is a top performer, with a beautifully realised picture and engaging sound mix."
Read our Last Jedi 4K Blu-ray review
- mother! - Upscaled 4K, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos
"The Atmos track is probably mother!'s best component; intense, immediate and thrilling… a speaker package is a must if you crave the full-fat sensory experience."
Read our mother! 4K Blu-ray review
- Alien: Covenant – Upscaled 4K, Dolby Atmos
"The 4K serves up an improved picture over the Blu-ray, the Atmos soundtrack finds a nice mix between intensity and ambience."
Read our Alien Covenant 4K Blu-ray review
Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - Upscaled 4K, Dolby Atmos
"The best way to watch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2. An impressive UHD debut for Disney"
- Spider-Man: Homecoming – Upscaled 4K, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos
"The Atmos soundtrack is a whizz-bang affair and the picture is enjoyable, though it comes with a few caveats"
- Thor: Ragnarok – Upscaled 4K, Dolby Atmos
"The upscaled picture is a refined and subtly impressive effort and is accompanied by a clear and engaging Atmos track"
Read our Thor: Ragnarok 4K Blu-ray review
- Blade Runner 2049 – Native 4K, Dolby Atmos
"It's a cleaner, slicker and richer looking image, the 4K Blu-ray showcasing its sumptuous aesthetics. The Dolby Atmos soundtrack is among the best we've experienced."
Read our Blade Runner 2049 4K Blu-ray review
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut - Native 4K, Dolby Atmos
"It's a sharper, bolder and richer image, the HDR allowing the colours to come to the fore… [and] an Atmos soundtrack that places you in this brilliantly realised world."
- War for the Planet of the Apes - Upscaled 4K, Dolby Atmos
"The 4K disc is superior image-wise to the HD disc in some subtle ways. The naturalistic Atmos track places you within the action."
- Deadpool - Native 4K, Dolby Atmos
"The detail, contrast and colour levels receive a significant uptick and Atmos adds another dimension to the film"
Read our Deadpool 4K Blu-ray review
- Justice League – Upscaled 4K, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos
"Boasts an attractive, colourful image and a suitably powerful Atmos track"
Read our Justice League 4K Blu-ray review
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Native 4K, Dolby Atmos
"We’ll brook no argument against the image: a richer, more defined and colourful picture that looks sensational"
- Wonder Woman - Upscaled 4K, Dolby Atmos
"Wonder Woman is a fine 4K release, with a bold and colourful picture and an enjoyable Dolby Atmos track."
Read our Wonder Woman 4K Blu-ray review
- X-Men: Days of the Future Past – Upscaled 4K, 7.1 DTS-HD MA
"While there are improvements, this isn't the big jump we'd have expected from Full HD to 4K."
Planet Earth II - Native 4K, 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio
"The Planet Earth II Ultra HD Blu-ray exists as perhaps the best visual experience you can have in your home"
Read our Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray review
Blue Planet II – Native 4K, 5.1 DTS HD MA
"It really is a must-buy if you're in the business of enjoying 4K content."
Read our Blue Planet II 4K Blu-ray review