1 post / 0 new
admin's picture
Sony STR-DH820: HDMI auto switching?
English

I am looking at the Sony STR-DH820 as an alternative AVR to the Onkyo TX-NR609 for budget reasons, which will connect to the Canton Movie 125 MX speaker package (I am also guessing that the Canton speaker package doesn't warrant the better Onkyo AVR?). I seem to recall in an earlier model review (Sony STR-DH800?) that there was no auto switching for HDMI inputs that required manual changing of the HDMI input, so is this an issue with the latest model?

My intention is to connect Sky+HD and the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Blu-Ray player to the Sony STR-DH820, and output from the Sony HDMI to the Panasonic TX-P42GT30B TV. So, if I switch on either the Sky+HD box or the Blu-Ray player, will the Sony AVR detect the HDMI of the device that is powered on and pass that automatically via the HDMI_out to the TV?

Are there any special settings on the AVR for the Optical SKY+ connection for 5.1 audio?

This is my first Blu-Ray player purchase, so anything that I need to change that is not default on the Sony AVR would be much appreciated?

Thanks for any information and advice.

Paul.