The latest model just announced by Buffalo Technology is the TeraStation III, available with 2TB, 4TB, 6TB and 8TB hard drives. They cost £790, £990, £1380 and £1780 respectively.
For those on the move, the WebAccess feature allows for remote access to the unit via PC, Mac or iPhone, and an in-built DLNA media server is also included.
And for those concerned about the environment, TeraStation III includes a power management system to conserve energy use.
The unit automatically powers up and down with connecting clients, reducing energy consumption by up to 66 per cent and helping to lower CO2 emissions.
Other key features include:
* High speed: Up to 60MB/s high speed data transfer rate and three times faster than the TeraStation Pro Series
* Multiple Platform Support: Supports Wins, NFS & Mac clients including Apple Time Machine
* Easy setup: Intuitive web interface and clear LCD status display
* Resilience: Hot swap functionality allows for the replacement of faulty hard drives without the unit being powered down
* Connectivity: Dual Ethernet for port trunking. Dual USB to provide a direct attached backup target
* Warranty: Three years
The Buffalo TeraStation III is available in the UK from Insight, Misco and other leading retailers.