19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: No DTS sound through Pioneer BDP-150K Blu Ray

Yes, my Yamaha Amp is more than 4 years old, but I am very happy with it. It has great sound and the speakers are made of wooden (people say that wooden speakers sound great and I got excellent sound with my previous DVD player, so I should get excellent sound with my Blu Ray too).

Yes, my Blu-Ray player has a coaxial digital output connection and the amplfier has a coaxial digital input connection. I will try to find that cable. Thanks for the picture and the information. Will I get 6.1 soundtrack with that cable? I read something about only getting 5.1 soundtrack with Optical or Coaxial Audio cables.

The disc with "6.1 soundtrack" is Star Wars episode III. You are right, that disc used ES/EX option with my DVD player but it used the 6 speakers (Left, Center, Right, Rear Left, Rear Center and Rear Right and subwoofer). I didnt manage to explain the situation correctly. I also tried Hulk (Blu-Ray) which uses a 6.1 soundtrack but I only got a 5.1 one in the Pioneer Blu Ray player.

Thank you very much for the information. I will try to find the coaxial audio cable through eBay or similars.

Son_of_SJ's picture

st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

ListoMefisto wrote:

Yes, my Yamaha Amp is more than 4 years old, but I am very happy with it. It has great sound and the speakers are made of wooden (people say that wooden speakers sound great and I got excellent sound with my previous DVD player, so I should get excellent sound with my Blu Ray too).

Nobody is suggesting that you replace something that you are happy with, but Speakers (wooden or otherwise) on an Amplifier?? Is this an all-in-one unit?

ListoMefisto wrote:

The disc with "6.1 soundtrack" is Star Wars episode III. You are right, that disc used ES/EX option with my DVD player but it used the 6 speakers (Left, Center, Right, Rear Left, Rear Center and Rear Right and subwoofer). I didnt manage to explain the situation correctly. I also tried Hulk (Blu-Ray

The disc cannot use any sound processing options in your system unless you tell it to. I presume that you (not the disc) chose the ES/EX option. You’ve not told me what the disc cover or label actually says the soundtrack is. Does the disc cover say 6.1?

ListoMefisto wrote:

Thank you very much for the information. I will try to find the coaxial audio cable through eBay or similars.

I’m assuming therefore that you are not on Britaian? If you are in Britain, get it from Richer Sounds, who have shops all over Britain. Now I must get on with my Christmas cooking.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

I bought the Amplifier with the Home Theather Speakers. If you mean if it is all of one piece, no, it isnt. The speakers had to be connected.

Yes, I chose the ES/EX option. Star Wars Episode III DVD doesnt cover 6.1. It uses : Dolby Digital 5.1 EX: Spanish (I am from Spain).

No, I am not from Britain. I am from Spain. I will look for a coaxial digital audio cable like the Richer Sounds one Smile

Christmas cooking, that sounds good Smile By the way, Merry Christmas!

P.S. I would like to buy the Coaxial digital audio cable through eBay but there are some very cheap (Cable Audio Digital Coaxial SHR - 1,5m (RCA-M/M) - SHR type with double UL1394. RCA-Male gold connectors in both extremes : 2,95 euro) and some very expensive (QED Performance 2.0m DIGITAL Audio 75Ω Coaxial Custom Cable - 34,95 £). Would you go for the expensive one? Thanks.

Pages