261 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 21343
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

http://www.hispek.com/panasonic/plasma-televisions/panasonic-txp50gt60b-50-neo-plasma-dual-core-full-hd-3d-smart-viera-television-with-free-5-year-warranty-pd-15142.php

 

Available from the 19th.  Wink

Stop

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 17986
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

gel wrote:

http://www.hispek.com/panasonic/plasma-televisions/panasonic-txp50gt60b-50-neo-plasma-dual-core-full-hd-3d-smart-viera-television-with-free-5-year-warranty-pd-15142.php

 

Available from the 19th.  Wink

I'm sure I saw it selling for £1349 somewhere. Will check when I get home tonight. Smile

rocketrazor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/12/2009 - 17:29
Posts: 1120
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

bigboss wrote:

gel wrote:

http://www.hispek.com/panasonic/plasma-televisions/panasonic-txp50gt60b-50-neo-plasma-dual-core-full-hd-3d-smart-viera-television-with-free-5-year-warranty-pd-15142.php

 

Available from the 19th.  Wink

I'm sure I saw it selling for £1349 somewhere. Will check when I get home tonight. Smile

Blimey, thats a cracking price to start with if it's as good as they say and Panasonic have resolved all the issues the previous Plasma's had

Lounge: Panasonic 50GT50, Marantz SR7011, PS3, Wii, Mission M series 5.0 setup, Mico DVD-A980, Humax Foxsat-HDR, Philips VR 550 (yes I still have a vcr!), Sony CDP-XE570

Conservatory: Panasonic 42GT20

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 21343
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

This can't be bad too:

 

http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Panasonic_TX-P55ST60B_55_Inch_Smart_3D_Plasma_TV_TX-P55ST60B/version.asp

Stop

Nick_Shepherd's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 14/02/2008 - 13:13
Posts: 514
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

F8500 revied today AVFORUMS........

.........where's strapped?

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 17986
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

Yes, just read that review. Apparently, an excellent TV but the Panasonic edges it on performance:

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Samsung-F8500-(PS64F8500)-64-Inch-1080p-3D-Plasma-TV_511/Review.html

Pindi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 21/11/2008 - 11:57
Posts: 577
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

Looks like it's going to be the best year ever for TVs, especially Plasma TVs.

It's a shame that Samsung are only selling this in 51" and 64" screen sizes in the UK, what's happened to everything in-between!

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 21343
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

The GT60 looks the big winner again this year.

Stop

Joe Cox's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 31/05/2007 - 10:07
Posts: 2533
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

Now online... Samsung PS51F8500 review 

Brand Development Editor, What Hi-Fi?

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 17986
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

Looks good! Out of interest, is the stand detachable?

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 21343
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

Another review:

 

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-pn51f8500/4505-6482_7-35731512.html

Stop

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 17986
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

And another:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ps64f8500_TV_review

Oldboy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 13/09/2007 - 15:49
Posts: 2793
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

All in all a very good tv then but it would be great to see a supertest in a future edition of the magazine between this and the comparable Panasonic offering which I presume will be the GT60 or VT60?

I'm in the market for a 50 or 55 inch tv myself this year but I don't think I would go back to plasma simply because I'm a gamer and have issues in the past because of it so with a heavy heart it will be LED for me this year unless the latest Panasonic or Samsung plasmas prove to be suitable for gaming.

Where is stapped?? I presume he has seen the review of the F8500...wondering if it has influenced his decision?

LG OLED55C6V TV, Marantz SR7011, Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence configuration), Sony BDPS790, Marantz PM6004, Marantz CD6003, Virgin TiVo 1TB, Playstation 4 Pro, WD TV Live, WD My Book World 1TB.

rocketrazor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/12/2009 - 17:29
Posts: 1120
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

Oldboy wrote:

All in all a very good tv then but it would be great to see a supertest in a future edition of the magazine between this and the comparable Panasonic offering which I presume will be the GT60 or VT60?

I'm in the market for a 50 or 55 inch tv myself this year but I don't think I would go back to plasma simply because I'm a gamer and have issues in the past because of it so with a heavy heart it will be LED for me this year unless the latest Panasonic or Samsung plasmas prove to be suitable for gaming.

Where is stapped?? I presume he has seen the review of the F8500...wondering if it has influenced his decision?

the new Sony is looking good for gamers oldboy. One review says 7ms lag!

Lounge: Panasonic 50GT50, Marantz SR7011, PS3, Wii, Mission M series 5.0 setup, Mico DVD-A980, Humax Foxsat-HDR, Philips VR 550 (yes I still have a vcr!), Sony CDP-XE570

Conservatory: Panasonic 42GT20

strapped for cash's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 1 min ago
Joined: 17/08/2009 - 20:56
Posts: 5650
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

Oldboy wrote:

Where is strapped?? I presume he has seen the review of the F8500...wondering if it has influenced his decision?

I'm still here mate; though I bought another TV already.

The F8500 is an excellent TV; it's just that Panasonic has moved things on again this year.

Pages

Log in to post comments