75 posts / 0 new
Last post
chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 15803
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

gel wrote:

Here you go, this is what I am talking about:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2013/apr/08/pure-dab-radio-fault

Oh ok then.

So why didn't you do what was suggested to fix it?...

http://support.pure.com/kb_article.php?ref=5285-WVEM-0367

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12804
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

More unhappy people on AV:

 

http://www.avforums.com/forums/dab-digital-radio-fm-radio/1215016-pure-evoke-3-major-problems.html

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12804
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

chebby wrote:

gel wrote:

Here you go, this is what I am talking about:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2013/apr/08/pure-dab-radio-fault

Oh ok then.

So why didn't you do what was suggested to fix it?...

http://support.pure.com/kb_article.php?ref=5285-WVEM-0367

 

I had the older ones, and got told you could not fix them!

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12804
More

More here:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/rant-room/371288-faulty-pure-dab-radio.html

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6290
RE: More

I thought you trusted WHF reviews wholeheartedly gel? 5 out of 10 categories of radio (excluding hifi separates) go to pure! http://www.whathifi.com/news/best-dab-digital-radios-to-buy-in-2013

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6290
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

gel wrote:

More unhappy people on AV:

 

http://www.avforums.com/forums/dab-digital-radio-fm-radio/1215016-pure-evoke-3-major-problems.html

 

There's more and longer threads complaining about panasonic TVs but you love them - surely these are highly publicised problems suffered by a tiny minority of an enormous number of purchasers?

professorhat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 28/12/2007 - 11:34
Posts: 11021
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

Have to say, this is a very confusing thread, even for you gel  Smile

How many Pure radios have you had that broke and were they all broken because of the firmware issue? And when did this happen? Seems like it was a while ago, so why posting this now?

 

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 15803
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:

professorhat wrote:

As chebby says, you can't really compare them at this stage.

How old is "quite a few" anyway? Your original post suggested they were barely out of warranty, but quite a few to me suggests 4 or 5 years. There's no way I'd expect Pure to replace my radio free of charge after that amount of time - it only cost £80 or something!

Yep, they were about 4 or 5 years old, and my Roberts are getting on that now too.

So you started a thread to slag off a product you haven't owned for 4 or 5 years?

Ok, reading back, now i'm confused.

They stopped working 4 - 5 years ago?

You bought them 4 -5 years ago?

What's the chronology of this and why did you leave it so long to post?

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12804
RE: More

BenLaw wrote:

I thought you trusted WHF reviews wholeheartedly gel? 5 out of 10 categories of radio (excluding hifi separates) go to pure! http://www.whathifi.com/news/best-dab-digital-radios-to-buy-in-2013

 

When they review them they are working though!  I have had a word about their reliability issues though.   Wink

Supreme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 days ago
Joined: 25/06/2013 - 15:44
Posts: 157
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

Some more love for the Pure Evoke 1. Had it for yonks. On everyday. No problems.

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12804
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

professorhat wrote:

Have to say, this is a very confusing thread, even for you gel  Smile

How many Pure radios have you had that broke and were they all broken because of the firmware issue? And when did this happen? Seems like it was a while ago, so why posting this now?

 

 

Just to tip the readers off about their reliability issues.  I have owned two, which both stop working, the same problem is now on the 3rd generation ones but they have issued firmware updates instead of fixing the problem.  They know about the problem too.

professorhat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 28/12/2007 - 11:34
Posts: 11021
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

gel wrote:

Just to tip the readers off about their reliability issues.

Well, out of everyone that has posted so far, you're the only one that has had issues and they've got a 97% score in a Which survey, so they seem pretty reliable to me.

Good tip!

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12804
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

professorhat wrote:

gel wrote:

Just to tip the readers off about their reliability issues.

Well, out of everyone that has posted so far, you're the only one that has had issues, so they seem pretty reliable to me.

 

 

That is true and good to know, but there is also a long WHF thread about unhappy people too.

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 15803
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

Which magazine report Roberts Radios score 97% for reliability in survey.   (69% of those surveyed would recommend Roberts to a friend.)

Which magazine report Pure Radios score 97% for reliability in survey. (74% of those surveyed would recommend Pure to a friend.)

 

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12804
RE: Don't Buy Pure Radios!

chebby wrote:

Which magazine report Roberts Radios score 97% for reliability in survey.   (69% of those surveyed would recommend Roberts to a friend.)

Which magazine report Pure Radios score 97% for reliability in survey. (74% of those surveyed would recommend Pure to a friend.)

 

 

 

It seems that everybody gets 97 per cent reliability for digital radios!  Just been reading on their website too, makes you wonder how reliable it is?   :?

 

And the thing is they work well to begin with so they are going to score well but then they stop working once out of warranty!  But there are some happy people is this thread, I did not know so many people on here were that happy!

Pages

Log in or register to post comments