69 posts / 0 new
Last post
recruit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 days ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 07:57
Posts: 60
RE: New JL Subwoofers

MUSICRAFT wrote:

Hi recruit

Really, so infact they are downgrading there Sound Quality for what they think is something better then?

Hold that thought :grin:

Anyway, even some of the most ardent fans of DXD subs now like JL Audio sub woofers Smile

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

 

Hold that though Rick @ Musicraft Wink

 

Is that Fact according to Rick from Musicraft   Lol

MUSICRAFT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 23/03/2009 - 20:38
Posts: 4578
RE: New JL Subwoofers

Hi recruit

Patience is a virtue :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Musicraft (Derby) - Specialist Hi-Fi, AV & Multimedia dealer

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11235
RE: New JL Subwoofers

I only know of one person that changed from KK to JL, and I have a good idea as to why he did, but that's another story...

The DXD models are the same as used in studios for monitoring/mastering. If they weren't, I'd then 'get' why some people might call them inferior. Two are monstrous, but still retain their speed and detail.

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

ideal av's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 23/04/2012 - 19:28
Posts: 54
RE: New JL Subwoofers

David@FrankHarvey wrote:
I only know of one person that changed from KK to JL, and I have a good idea as to why he did, but that's another story...

if its the same person i`m thinking of David, can you enlighten us to what good idea it is you have as to why he changed to a JL

 and if it is the same person, then he`s just about to upgrade again and run Dual Esub 12`s

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 22 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12859
RE: New JL Subwoofers

Is he gel? :?

MUSICRAFT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 23/03/2009 - 20:38
Posts: 4578
RE: New JL Subwoofers

Son_of_SJ wrote:

MUSICRAFT wrote:

Btw, the Gotham subwoofer is not available in the UK yet.

Adam Rayner says on page 72 of the February 2013 issue, number 217, of Home Cinema Choice magazine, (while reviewing the JL Audio F110 subwoofer) that the flagship Gotham subwoofer may never come to Europe as the amplifier on the back puts out so much RF (Radio Frequency) that it would never get European Union CE marking.

Hi Son_of_SJ

I believe JL Audio's Gotham g213 subwoofer is still on track to be available in the UK later on in the year :pray:

In the meantime the Fathom f212 is paving the way for the arrival of Gotham g213 just nicely Smile Unfathomable bass :twisted:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Musicraft (Derby) - Specialist Hi-Fi, AV & Multimedia dealer

Phil1975m's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 days ago
Joined: 31/03/2014 - 20:33
Posts: 3
RE: New JL Subwoofers

David@FrankHarvey wrote:

I only know of one person that changed from KK to JL, and I have a good idea as to why he did, but that's another story...

The DXD models are the same as used in studios for monitoring/mastering. If they weren't, I'd then 'get' why some people might call them inferior. Two are monstrous, but still retain their speed and detail.

I think your talking about me then David..? And what were my reasons please explain yourself..?

Fact is I went from 808 to something BETTER simple, whether you and your KK Fanboys can accept it or not. Or is it sour grapes as it was YOU who sold me the 808..? Laughing

Also your comment I only know of one person that changed from KK to JL, and I have a good idea as to why he did, but that's another story..

Its comments like that, which is the reason you will NEVER get to sell JL Subs, . Foot in mouth ROFL

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 22 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12859
RE: New JL Subwoofers

Phil1975m wrote:

David@FrankHarvey wrote:

I only know of one person that changed from KK to JL, and I have a good idea as to why he did, but that's another story...

The DXD models are the same as used in studios for monitoring/mastering. If they weren't, I'd then 'get' why some people might call them inferior. Two are monstrous, but still retain their speed and detail.

I think your talking about me then David..? And what were my reasons please explain yourself..?

Fact is I went from 808 to something BETTER simple, whether you and your KK Fanboys can accept it or not. Or is it sour grapes as it was YOU who sold me the 808..? Laughing

Also your comment I only know of one person that changed from KK to JL, and I have a good idea as to why he did, but that's another story..

Its comments like that, which is the reason you will NEVER get to sell JL Subs, . Foot in mouth ROFL

So you joined only to comment on this; and you knew when the comment was posted about you! Interesting.... :?

Phil1975m's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 days ago
Joined: 31/03/2014 - 20:33
Posts: 3
RE: New JL Subwoofers

I might of joined today (I was a member previously but lost my logins)but when comments are made about me I have right to respond.

SO as you say interesting indeed  :clap:

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11235
RE: New JL Subwoofers

"Let's get the boys raaaaand".

I don't think I need to say anything - BB read between the lines and saw it for what it was! Smile

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

Phil1975m's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 days ago
Joined: 31/03/2014 - 20:33
Posts: 3
RE: New JL Subwoofers

 

Its comments like that where you come off being very unproffesional thats why I'm a former customer of yours. :hand:

Drew_C's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 22 hours ago
Joined: 20/03/2013 - 12:08
Posts: 13
RE: New JL Subwoofers

Phil did you compare your JL to a quad 808 stack or a DXD12012 duo?

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 22 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12859
RE: New JL Subwoofers

Phil1975m wrote:

I might of joined today (I was a member previously but lost my logins)but when comments are made about me I have right to respond.

SO as you say interesting indeed  :clap:

 

If you've lost your logins, you're not a frequent visitor on the forum, and yet you were very quick in responding here. Hmmm... :?

duaplex's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 22/02/2011 - 18:51
Posts: 1075
RE: New JL Subwoofers

Lets not allow this to turn into an argument. People will be coming to this thread, now and in the future, for knowledge of JL subs and if they are worth the investment.

Phil what was your experience with JL vs DXD.  I would love to hear what you found and the reason for choosing one over the other.

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11235
RE: New JL Subwoofers

I agree. The nonsense that goes on over on in the sub threads on the other forum needn't spill out here...

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

Pages

Log in or register to post comments