17 posts / 0 new
Last post
camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 210
Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

As title states my Denon blu-ray player wont play the film, it freezes it frequently and then after about an hour just stops playing. Anybody else experiencing any discs not playing on their 2500bt as this is the first disc mine wont play ? It will play on my Sony bdp-s 370 upstairs so it`s not the disc. So I assume it needs a firmware update. When you go on Denon`s wbsite it says current firmware should be Ver 1.122. How do i check if the player is running the latest update ? Any help greatly appreciated Merry Christmas to all staff and forum users. Thanks.

michael hoy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 06/10/2008 - 18:56
Posts: 1604
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

Hi,

If you have had the player a while and never updated the firmware, it most certainly will not be the latest.

To check the version:

 

To put the BD player into version up mode,
press quickly on enclosed RC-1091 following
buttons on the remote control unit in that order:
[9], [8],[7],[6] und [POP UP MENU/ MENU]

 

The tray will open and the following will show:

 

 

Power off the device to exit.

On the Denon site, download the instructions and the firmware update, you will need to burn a CD to update the firmware.

camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 210
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the rapid response.

Do i go into setup to do this ? and where about in the menu is RC-1091.

Sorry for the questions but i have never done an update on it before ( as you can probably tell ) 

 

Thanks.

camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 210
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

Hi Michael,

Just noticed the code on the remote is RC-1091 so i assume you just want me to press the numbers in that order and then press popup menu/menu .

I have done this and nothing happened do i need to go into the main menu first ?.

Sorry for being thick.

 

 

michael hoy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 06/10/2008 - 18:56
Posts: 1604
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

Hi,

No problem.

 

The RC-1091 is the name of the remote.

With the player switched on and no disc in the drawer, press the numbers in order as shown, you have to be fairly quick.

When you have pressed the numbers press the  popup menu / menu button, this will make the drawer open and show the picture I placed in the post.

So press 9 then 8 then 7 then 6 quickly followed by the popup menu / menu button.

 

camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 210
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

Thanks Michael got it. 

 

 It currently has Ver 1.118. What`s your`s currently running.

michael hoy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 06/10/2008 - 18:56
Posts: 1604
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

Good Smile

Ver 1.122

I do not have the disc you mentioned, but have not had any discs not play.

camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 210
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

Hi Michael,

 

All done and running smoothly, many thanks for your help.

Merry Xmas to you and your family.

 

Cheers.

wireman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 06/08/2009 - 16:15
Posts: 321
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

As an aside, my Denon 2500BT is still running on 1.118, and I'm loathe to update it to 1.122 since my current firmware includes the multi-region DVD mod (and I have several region 1 coded US DVD's which I still want to play). My only Blu-Ray that won't play is "Inglourious Basterds": I'm told 1.122 will cure that... but I don't want to loose the multi-region mod of 1.118.

So, my question is... Does anyone know where to get version 1.122 firmware modded to play multi-region DVD's?

 

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

Sorry for breaking into an original discussion thread, but - wireman - where did you get multi-region for the Denon 2500BT, as I have this player and would dearly love multi-region for it. I bought an OPPO to give me this capability, but have another room to supply as well....

Any advice gratefully received..

Cheers

WW

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 43 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12940
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

wireman wrote:

As an aside, my Denon 2500BT is still running on 1.118, and I'm loathe to update it to 1.122 since my current firmware includes the multi-region DVD mod (and I have several region 1 coded US DVD's which I still want to play). My only Blu-Ray that won't play is "Inglourious Basterds": I'm told 1.122 will cure that... but I don't want to loose the multi-region mod of 1.118.

So, my question is... Does anyone know where to get version 1.122 firmware modded to play multi-region DVD's?

My Panasonic player did not lose its multiregion capability despite 3-4 updates so far. May be worth contacting your dealer beforehand where you originally bought the player from.

Contact this dealer if no joy:

http://www.multiregionupgrades.com/upgrades/denon/dvd2500.htm

wireman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 06/08/2009 - 16:15
Posts: 321
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

@wingedwonder: At the time 1.118 firmware was current, there was a guy punting modded firmware discs on ebay for £10 a time - it did a full firmware update with the mod in place. It seemed to be a copy of the discs the dealers were using to sell the player new as a 'multi-region' model with the mod done.

@bigboss: I don't know for sure, but I think the mod is integral with the firmware on this model. At least I can try updating to 1.122 knowing that I can always revert back to 1.118 if that is the case... or else try your link. Thanks for the tip.

jase fox's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 24/04/2008 - 17:37
Posts: 1423
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

wireman wrote:

@wingedwonder: At the time 1.118 firmware was current, there was a guy punting modded firmware discs on ebay for £10 a time - it did a full firmware update with the mod in place. It seemed to be a copy of the discs the dealers were using to sell the player new as a 'multi-region' model with the mod done.

@bigboss: I don't know for sure, but I think the mod is integral with the firmware on this model. At least I can try updating to 1.122 knowing that I can always revert back to 1.118 if that is the case... or else try your link. Thanks for the tip.

Hello Wireman, long time no hear

 

Like bigboss has just confirmed and that is if you download the latest firmware 1.122 it will (and should) keep all the firmware features of version 1.118

I'm not sure if my Denon 2500BT is "multi-region" or not, ha

I think you've used a different disc though Wireman.

It's been a long time now hasn't it since Denon added any later firmware, i wander if there's another one due at anytime?

Mind you "touchwood" i havn't had any issues with any discs since i downloaded version 1.122

michael hoy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 06/10/2008 - 18:56
Posts: 1604
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

jase fox wrote:

wireman wrote:

@wingedwonder: At the time 1.118 firmware was current, there was a guy punting modded firmware discs on ebay for £10 a time - it did a full firmware update with the mod in place. It seemed to be a copy of the discs the dealers were using to sell the player new as a 'multi-region' model with the mod done.

@bigboss: I don't know for sure, but I think the mod is integral with the firmware on this model. At least I can try updating to 1.122 knowing that I can always revert back to 1.118 if that is the case... or else try your link. Thanks for the tip.

Hello Wireman, long time no hear

 

Like bigboss has just confirmed and that is if you download the latest firmware 1.122 it will (and should) keep all the firmware features of version 1.118

I'm not sure if my Denon 2500BT is "multi-region" or not, ha

I think you've used a different disc though Wireman.

It's been a long time now hasn't it since Denon added any later firmware, i wander if there's another one due at anytime?

Mind you "touchwood" i havn't had any issues with any discs since i downloaded version 1.122

Hi Jase,

Happy New Year.

The V 1.122 has been out a while, but as you say "touchwood" everything plays at the moment.

jase fox's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 24/04/2008 - 17:37
Posts: 1423
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

Happy New Year to you too Michael,  :cheers:

 

And yes it's been out around 2years now hasn't it? Maybe version 1.122 should allow our players to play all future titles without any issues hopefully, fingers crossed   :pray:

wireman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 06/08/2009 - 16:15
Posts: 321
RE: Denon DVD-2500bt wont play "Cowboys and Aliens".

jase fox wrote:
Like bigboss has just confirmed and that is if you download the latest firmware 1.122 it will (and should) keep all the firmware features of version 1.118

Hi Jase... yeah, doesn't time fly...

I guess if you all think it's okay to update the firmware without losing the multi-region capability, I should give it a go. 1.122 fw does seem to have all the bugs sorted doesn't it? Don't you sometimes wish there was a valid excuse for buying a new player?!!

Pages

Log in or register to post comments