It's all gone a bit death metal

Entombed - Clandestine

Death - Spiritual Healing

Atheist - Piece Of Time

Analogue Works TT1 > Onkyo > B&W CM9

Freddy58's picture
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:We

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:
We're struggling to find many places to visit, as we did a lot of the north coast 5 years ago. Any ideas?

We've been to Bude, Tintagel, Padstow, Boscastle, Clovelly, Port Isaac, and the Eden Project.

Between St Austell and Mevagissey there's 'The Lost Gardens Of Heligan'. Maybe make a day of it and visit there and Mevagissey?

Jim-W's picture
In St Ives there's the Tate

In St Ives there's the Tate Modern of course. If you like walking leave your car in St Ives and there's a gentle walk to Lelant on the costal path...about 3 miles...great views. Highlight is the Badger's Arms pub in Lelant...good pub meals and brilliant puddings! On the other hand there's a much stiffer walk along the costal path to Zenor, about 7 miles, with really spectacular views. Highlight is the Tinner's Arms, a great old real ale pub with good meals. Problem is, you gotta walk back; you don't have to though because there's a bus! 

If it's a nice day swim in the beautiful sea at St Ives...wonderful! 

These are a few of my favourite things, BBB. 

Waxy's picture
Ninja Cuts - Funkjazzical Tricknology

Lorde - Pure Heroine

Analogue Works TT1 > Onkyo > B&W CM9

jimdonnelly's picture
Blondie - autoamerican

Blondie - autoamerican

Eurythmics - Touch

Orange Juice - Rip it up

The Beloved - Conscience

thescarletpronster's picture
Cornwall

Have fun in Cornwall, both of you.

Mark Springer – Piano

Rega RP3 / Elys 2 || Rega Brio-R || Rega Apollo-R
Monitor Audio RX6 Silver || Chord Cobra 3 interconnects || Chord Sarsen cable

jimbofisher's picture
Us3 - Hand On The Torch

Us3 - Hand On The Torch

some nice hooks from the Blue Note archive spinning here

Jim-W's picture
In heavy rotation today for

In heavy rotation today for some reason:

Velvet Crush-'Teenage Symphonies To God.' 

The Posies-'Frosting On The Beater,' 

Must be on an early 90's nostalgia kind of trip. Great records though. 

PEAYEL's picture
NAD 533 up and running.

I posted this over on the this week I've been listening to thread, but this is nore appropriate I believe.

I have just got my NAD 533/Rega/Goldring Elektra back up and running after years of hibernation, I have just completed setting up the arm, tracking, alignment and Isolation etc. So plonking a bit of random vinyl on it in the 'I used to like this... I wonder......' kind of way, so here goes.

Damned-Damned Damned Damned 
Gene Loves Jezebel-The House of Dolls 
Paul Young-NoParlez 
Curiosoty Killed the Cat-Get Ahead 
Cocknet Rejects-Greatest Hits Vol 1 
Fields of Nephilim-The Nephilim 
LA Guns-Cocked and Loaded 
Joe Strummer-Earthquake Weather 
Madness-One Step Beyond 
Everything But The Girl-Idlewild and Worldwide 
Mary Coughlan-Uncertain Pleasures 
Deacon Blue-Raintown 

Most of my LPs are still in great condition and they sound great, however, since going digital, I really don't miss the clicks and stopping to turn the disc over. I hope that the sound of the vinyl drags me in and makes me happy once again.

Currently the NAD 533 outputs to a phono amp, into my Alesis IO4 (for a bit of extra gain and the headphone out is really clear etc) which outputs to my Linn Classik, which then outputs to a pair of Mission M70s (all right next to my home office desk - very nice)

ProgRockVinyl's picture
hi there, first post in this

hi there, first post in this thread, kinda new here. As my user name kinda suggests, i do love my progressive rock. though i have quite a deverse taste in music.

current favourites i've been listening to are

BB. King : Live at the regal. 180gm repress. close your curtains, grab a drink and stick this on. you'll feel like your in the club. bb is top of his game on this, his banter to the audience and that stinging guitar that just leaps out at you. 

Genesis: Invisible Touch. Not from the classic prog era, but a great recorded album with some classic pop/rock on there. domino could almost be a revist to those eariler long-form prog epics. 

Duran Duran: Self Titled. Found it in local charity shop, pretty much mint condition. mainly got it as a bit of fun for my mum (her favourite band when growning up). ended up keeping it as it sounds so good. girls on film is the big track on there. 

Project Debut Carbon (2M Silver/Acrylic-IT)>NAD C515BEE>Rotel RA-01>Q Acoustics 2020i (b&w stands) AudioQuest Bi-wire Cable, QED Performance Audio 2 and Altas Elements Integra Interconnects. 

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
PEAYEL wrote:

PEAYEL wrote:

Paul Young-NoParlez 

How the hell did you find a copy of that on vinyl?  Biggrin

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

Freddy58 wrote:

Freddy58 wrote:

We're struggling to find many places to visit, as we did a lot of the north coast 5 years ago. Any ideas?

We've been to Bude, Tintagel, Padstow, Boscastle, Clovelly, Port Isaac, and the Eden Project.

Between St Austell and Mevagissey there's 'The Lost Gardens Of Heligan'. Maybe make a day of it and visit there and Mevagissey?

Thanks for the tip Freddy, but alas, we never had time to go there. 

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

ProgRockVinyl's picture

PEAYEL wrote:

Paul Young-NoParlez 

I have that somewhere

Project Debut Carbon (2M Silver/Acrylic-IT)>NAD C515BEE>Rotel RA-01>Q Acoustics 2020i (b&w stands) AudioQuest Bi-wire Cable, QED Performance Audio 2 and Altas Elements Integra Interconnects. 

Jim-W wrote:

Jim-W wrote:

In St Ives there's the Tate Modern of course. If you like walking leave your car in St Ives and there's a gentle walk to Lelant on the costal path...about 3 miles...great views. Highlight is the Badger's Arms pub in Lelant...good pub meals and brilliant puddings! On the other hand there's a much stiffer walk along the costal path to Zenor, about 7 miles, with really spectacular views. Highlight is the Tinner's Arms, a great old real ale pub with good meals. Problem is, you gotta walk back; you don't have to though because there's a bus! 

If it's a nice day swim in the beautiful sea at St Ives...wonderful! 

These are a few of my favourite things, BBB. 

We went to St Ives one day, but parking was very difficult, and the place we found seemed miles from the beach, so we left and went to an enormous, and stunning beach just past Hayle, right next to the Riviere Sands holiday park. 

We did drive past the Badger's Arms, but didn't actually make it in. 

We were so lucky with the weather on the whole, and we visited some absolutely stunning places, so all in all, a wonderful holiday. Let's hope you get the great weather too, as it absolutely transforms Cornwall in to a place of genuine natural beauty. 

ProgRockVinyl wrote:

ProgRockVinyl wrote:

PEAYEL wrote:

Paul Young-NoParlez 

I have that somewhere

As does every Charity Shop and Car Boot throughout the country. Personally, I don't, and never will. 

Pages