Gerry Rafferty - Night Owl
Sade - Diamond Life
Dire Straits - Making Movies
All good pressings and sounding great
ATV3 > Rega DAC > Rega Elicit R > Rega RS3
Rega RP6 / 10x5 / MP-110
Marantz SR5023 - Marantz CD5003 - Project Debut Carbon Turntable Black gloss with acrylic platter & Rega Mini phono stage with Atlas Element Integra cables;Monitor Audio RX1 Black gloss Speakers.-Chord Carnival speaker cables.Atacama Nexus 7 speaker stands
Having only just got into vinyl again, these are the first albums Ive liberated from the loft at my mothers.
Vinyl really shows up how much better it sounds on The Unforgettable Fire. The CD or digital file always sounds badly produced, whereas the vinyl feels open and airy, far better depth of sound.
AV:- Denon AVR-2113 Receiver, Kef 1005.2 speaker package, Apple TV (3rd Gen), PS3 Slim, Sky HD, Panasonic TX-42UT30 TV.
HiFi:- Denon PMA-355UK, Technics SL-1900 turntable, HTPC, Mission 733i speakers.
The Kick Inside - Kate Bush
Never For Ever - Kate Bush
Source 1) "Inspired" Manticore Mantra turntable c/w Rega RB 301 arm, Goldring 1042 MM Cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M phono stage, Graham Slee CuSat 50 interconnect
Source 2) Cyrus CD8 SE CD player
Source 3) iTunes (ALAC), iMac, Devolo Homeplugs, Apple TV3, Toslink, Arcam rDAC
Source 4) Technics SL-7 linear tracking turntable.
Roksan Kandy L3 amp, Spendor A5 speakers.
Other rooms: more Airport Expresses and Homeplugs with Denon AV system and Denon Mini system.
Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins
Rent 12inch - Pet Shop Boys
The Steve Howe Album
King Of Limbs - Radiohead
Making Movies - Dire Straits
Pictures At Eleven - Robert Plant
Black Narcissus - Joe Henderson
Evil Urges - MMJ
Zuma - Neil Young
Nocturama - Nick Cave
Street Scene - Bark Psychosis.
Roksan Caspian Pre amp, Caspian Mono Power amp x 2, NAD M51 DAC, B&W 805 Signature, Roksan Radius turntable, Denon-1713UD, MF phono & headphone amps, PS3, Mac/AE/Apple TV
And Sting - Dream of the.........
so much good 80s vinyl about!
The guitars on this sound fabulous. Johnny Marr - Legend
Got around 30 people coming to my very small house tonight for a "Bring a Vinyl and Food" party.
That sounds like a very long evening if all 30 get to play their records in full .
It was a very long night, music went on at around 8.00pm and ended at about 3.30am so the desck was spining for almost 8hrs. The night went well though, if a bit hectic, will invite far less people next time, only about half the guests brought music, the other half just wanted to get EDITED. Wrote down most of what we played but lost the piece of paper for a while and some didn't get recorded.
- The Black Keys - The Big Come Up (full)
- New Order - Lost Sirens (Side B)
- Mr Scruff - Trouser Jazz (Side E)
- War Song - Ancient Times (A)
- Captain Everything - Bombsong (A)
- Now Thats What I call music II (Selected tracks)
- Public Enemy - Yo! Bum Ruch The Show (B)
- The Clash - London Calling (A)
- Andrew Jackson Jihad - Unknown album (B)
- Bullets For You - Toxic Reasons (A)
- Mischief Brew - Smash The Windows (A)
- Eurythmics - Savage (A)
- RVIVR - s/t (Full)
- The Bug - London Zoo (A)
- Husker Du - Land Speed Record (A)
- The Pixies - Into The White (BBC Recordings) (A)
- World Inferno Frinedship Society - Red Eyed Soul (A)
- The Smiths - s/t (A)
- The Animals - The Most of (A)
- The Specimen - EP (full)
- The Beatles - Twist & Shout (single)
- The Kinks - All day and all night (single)
- The Moody Blues - Nights in white satin (single)
- Calvinball/Onsind - Split (A)
- The Beat - The Best of (A)
- The Who - Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy (A)
There were a couple more but I gave up writing them down at this point as it was about 3am .
Rega Planar 2 - Pro-ject Phono Box - Denon DM39 - Cambridge Audio S30
'Power In The Darkness' by Tom Robinson Band. Superb.
Formerly known as plastic penguin
Canterbury Tales - Caravan
Close To You - The Carpenters (it isn't mine!)
Unplugged - Eric Clapton
© 2013 Haymarket Publishing