23 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel
gel's picture
Online
Last seen: 21 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18543
Titanic Blu-ray

Has anybody purchased it yet?  How does it rate for picture and sound quality?

 

Cheers.

TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 18597
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

gel wrote:
Has anybody purchased it yet?

No.

iPad Mini 3 • iPhone • B&W P3 • Mac Mini • Apple TV • Quad Vena • Audio-Note AX-Two

gel
gel's picture
Online
Last seen: 21 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18543
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

chebby wrote:

gel wrote:
Has anybody purchased it yet?

No.

 

Smile

TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 16455
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

It's not the kind of film I would spend another 4+ hours on.

EDIT: Ok, the film wasn't exactly 4 hours long, but it did feel like one!  Smile

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 14341
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

chebby wrote:

gel wrote:
Has anybody purchased it yet?

No.

And why would anybody want to?

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6615
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

I can think of one reason and one reason only. Still, may as well buy The Reader if that's what you're after. 

I am the danger. 

gel
gel's picture
Online
Last seen: 21 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18543
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

I purchased the DVD but to be honest I have never watched all of it, but in saying that I am still tempted, I think if I buy the Cambridge Blu-ray player I would purchase the 3D copy.  It is a film I have watched a number of times, although not for a while.  The reviews like the picture and sound, rating both at five.

TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 14341
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

gel wrote:
I purchased the DVD but to be honest I have never watched all of it, but in saying that I am still tempted, I think if I buy the Cambridge Blu-ray player I would purchase the 3D copy. 

We have so little in common I'd be surprised if we were even the same species! I'd imagine we'd both be quite happy about that though...

gel
gel's picture
Online
Last seen: 21 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18543
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:
I purchased the DVD but to be honest I have never watched all of it, but in saying that I am still tempted, I think if I buy the Cambridge Blu-ray player I would purchase the 3D copy. 

We have so little in common I'd be surprised if we were even the same species! I'd imagine we'd both be quite happy about that though...

 

I do like you.  Smile

TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 14341
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

gel wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:
I purchased the DVD but to be honest I have never watched all of it, but in saying that I am still tempted, I think if I buy the Cambridge Blu-ray player I would purchase the 3D copy. 

We have so little in common I'd be surprised if we were even the same species! I'd imagine we'd both be quite happy about that though...

I do like you.  Smile 

And I you but seriously, the 3D version, why?

Andrew Everard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 30/05/2007 - 12:34
Posts: 28774
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

gel wrote:
I have never watched all of it.

<SNIP>

It is a film I have watched a number of times, although not for a while

Nobody spoil it for him by giving away what happens at the end...

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 16455
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

Andrew Everard wrote:

gel wrote:
I have never watched all of it.

<SNIP>

It is a film I have watched a number of times, although not for a while

Nobody spoil it for him by giving away what happens at the end...

:shhh:    :grin:

GSB
GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1366
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

:help:

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 16455
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

GSB wrote:

:help:

:doh:

GSB
GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1366
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

sorry...couldnt resist...seeing as there is a smiley thing...pity there wasn't the one i wanted in the prometheous thread!

gel
gel's picture
Online
Last seen: 21 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18543
RE: Titanic Blu-ray

Andrew Everard wrote:

gel wrote:
I have never watched all of it.

<SNIP>

It is a film I have watched a number of times, although not for a while

Nobody spoil it for him by giving away what happens at the end...

 

Laughing The DVD.  I have seen Titanic on normal TV.  Smile

TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments