Monitor Audio slims down to create its new Silver RX range
New from Monitor Audio is the all-new Silver RX speaker range, combining enhanced drive units, new slimline cabinets and technology trickled down from the company's Gold Signature models.
Seven new speakers are available, starting with the £400-a-pair RX1 standmounter and going up to the £1000/pr RX8 floorstanders. All use new RX drivers, a high-velocity reflex port and a bolt-through driver design, mounting the drive units on a single tensioned bolt.
This last aspect of the design both increases the rigidity of the cabinet and decouples the drivers from the baffle.
The speakers come in a choice of Rosenut, Natural Oak, Black Oak or Walnut real-wood veneers, with black or white gloss available as an extra-cost option.
More details on the specifics of each model in our RX Silver picture-blog, but for now the line-up is as follows:
- RX1 standmount £400/pr (£480 in black or white gloss)
- RX2 standmount £500/pr (£600 in black or white gloss)
- RX6 floorstander £750/pr (I£900 in black or white gloss)
- RX8 floorstander £1000 (£1200 in black or white gloss)
- RXLCR centre speaker £300 (£360 in black or white gloss)
- RXFX surround speaker £400 (£480 in black or white gloss)
- RXW12 subwoofer £750 (£900 in black or white gloss)