24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Andy Smelt's picture
Hi All,
Hi All,   I have this exact problem - nasty "machine gun" sound on optical out of Panasonic TX55CX680B connected to Q Accoustics BT3 speakers (only for Netflix and Amazon). Have tried to hunt down all SPDIF (PCM) settings I can find and changing the sound in the Netflix app to no avail.   Any advice gratefully received.   Thanks,
Andy
Andy Smelt's picture
Hi - I'd be interested to

Hi - I'd be interested to know what the outcome of this issue was? I have the same problem.

denner22's picture
Audio Output Problem Panasonic 4k television

I have the same problem on my new Pansonic screen. Excellent in every other respect, the PCM (stereo?) down-mix does not appear to work off the television. Anybody had success with an adapter going from Digital audio into digital audio? I don't particularly want to revert to using analogue inputs on my hifi.

David Adlam

whodaresgin's picture
Audio Output Problem Panasonic 4k television

I bought a Lindy Dolby Digital converter, have not found anything that will do a Dolby Digital to stereo PCM converstion (and would also need to passthrough PCM). It's a little white box powered by usb that takes the optical in and outputs 2 channel analogue via RCA. Functional and sits in the cabling but doesn't quite fit with my other hifi kit, amp needs turning up over 2-3x to get the same volume when using that input.

This is a real pity for me, I really like the TV except for this issue. I wouldn't mind if it just ouptut nothing if an app writes Dolby Digtial and you've set the output to PCM, but it sends down a signal that causes a really terrible and loud sound to be played which means I cannot have the TV connected to my hifi dac at all just in case someone opened Netflix or Amazon. The TV can decode Dolby Digital as it can play this though the internal speakers and there are not 5.1 speakers inside so it is down mixing, doesn't mean it would be able to output this via the optical out though.

I have been looking to upgrade my amp/dac/speakers and because of this I tried looking for something stereo ( I only want 2 speakers) that would decode dolby digital. The only match I've found is Arcam's SR250 but this is over my budget and has much more features than I need (video for starters). Would make much more sense to replace the new TV with another brand and select from the huge choice of stereo equipment.

whodaresgin's picture
Amazon app no longer has this issue

I found another similar thread describing this issue on another site and the most recent comment said this had been fixed for the Amazon app and yes I can now have the audio through my hifi DAC when watching content in the Amazon app.

I updated the TV applying the HDR update a few weeks ago, perhaps it's also automatically applied other updates.

Just Netflix to go now. 

Andy Smelt's picture
... and still no fix from

... and still no fix from Netflix...

Gray's picture
Analogue output from TV

Ignore me if this has been mentioned / or is irrelevant (as the thread is a couple of years old!)

But I think I saw someone mention that the Panasonic TV did not have an analogue output.

The good old SCART socket gives stereo analogue out.

G

simonali's picture
It'll be the TV. I have a

It'll be the TV. I have a Panasonic connected to a Sonos using the optical out and that sounds terrible too.

Pages