5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Woodchippie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 16/10/2012 - 20:07
Posts: 83
Rega mini phono stage

hi there, In the correct order of things my next purchase was going to be a Rega Brio r amp. But I think I want to get in to vinyl first, budget won't allow for both at the moment.

Rega RP3 and phono mini phono will probably be my next purchase, I already ordered some vinyl to take for demo.

I am getting inpatient!, just hope it sounds as good as I hope?

My question is, can I plug the phono stage into the aux on my amp or can I plug it in to my Rega DAC? Also which is best?

By the way I have ordered Elbow 'Seldom seen kid' on vinyl. 

 

 

 

chebby's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 19950
RE: Rega mini phono stage

Woodchippie wrote:
My question is, can I plug the phono stage into the aux on my amp or can I plug it in to my Rega DAC?

I don't see any analogue inputs on the Rega DAC so use AUX on the amp.

iPad Mini 3 • iPhone 7 • B&W P3 • Mac Mini • Apple TV3 • Marantz M-CR611 and M-CR603 • Pro-ject Tuner Box S • Audio-Note AX-Two • JPW Sonatas • Quad Vena

camcroft's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 12/01/2012 - 08:14
Posts: 290
RE: Rega mini phono stage

Hi you can plug the Rega mini phono into your aux input or any other except the phono input on amps that have one

Marantz SR5023  Project Debut Carbon Turntable Ortofon 2 m blue stylus, Schiit Mani Phono Stage

ifor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 03/12/2002 - 11:54
Posts: 1441
RE: Rega mini phono stage

Woodchippie wrote:

By the way I have ordered Elbow 'Seldom seen kid' on vinyl. 

Did you know it's 45RPM?  It caught me out and doesn't get played as much as it ought due to the faff of having to move the drive belt to the other pulley.

"Inspired" Manticore Mantra TT, Technics SL-7 TT, Slee Reflex M phono preamp.  Cyrus CD Xt Sig.  iMac, Raspberry Pi c/w HiFiBerry Digi c/w Volumio or Rune Audio, Arcam rDAC.  Roksan Kandy LIII amp, Spendor A5 speakers.

Woodchippie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 16/10/2012 - 20:07
Posts: 83
RE: Rega mini phono stage

ifor wrote:

Woodchippie wrote:

By the way I have ordered Elbow 'Seldom seen kid' on vinyl. 

Did you know it's 45RPM?  It caught me out and doesn't get played as much as it ought due to the faff of having to move the drive belt to the other pulley.

 

no didn't know that, but its one of my favourite albums.

 

Log in or register to post comments