170 posts / 0 new
Last post
AlmaataKZ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 07/01/2009 - 11:48
Posts: 2156
RE: And Finally........

Striking system! Especially the centre - really mean!

Lots of quality wood finish in deep colours also works for me every time.

CnoEvil's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12566
RE: And Finally........

Clare Newsome wrote:

Yep Smile

Lovely system, by the way :cheer:

Thank you.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

CnoEvil's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12566
RE: And Finally........

Hi Al,

Yes that centre gives amazing clarity and detail for films.

The References are certainly finished to a high standard, which suits my old house.

:cheers:

Cno

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 10:56
Posts: 16655
RE: And Finally........

CnoEvil wrote:

Hi Al,

Yes that centre gives amazing clarity and detail for films.

The References are certainly finished to a high standard, which suits my old house.

:cheers:

Cno

Sorry if I missed it, but what rears do you have?

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

CnoEvil's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12566
RE: And Finally........

plastic penguin wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:

Hi Al,

Yes that centre gives amazing clarity and detail for films.

The References are certainly finished to a high standard, which suits my old house.

:cheers:

Cno

Sorry if I missed it, but what rears do you have?

PP, the rears are the previous generation Kef Ref 206 DS, which I picked up (new) on ebay for a fraction of their original cost. It takes a high ceiling to house them, which is probably why the current ones are much more room friendly.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 10:56
Posts: 16655
RE: And Finally........

CnoEvil wrote:

plastic penguin wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:

Hi Al,

Yes that centre gives amazing clarity and detail for films.

The References are certainly finished to a high standard, which suits my old house.

:cheers:

Cno

Sorry if I missed it, but what rears do you have?

PP, the rears are the previous generation Kef Ref 206 DS, which I picked up (new) on ebay for a fraction of their original cost. It takes a high ceiling to house them, which is probably why the current ones are much more room friendly.

Nice. When I saw the photo they looked similar to Spendor's dedicated wall speakers.

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

WishTree's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 18/05/2010 - 22:51
Posts: 1020
RE: And Finally........

One day I missed the forum and so much has happened  >)

Cno.. this is excellent and definetly surpassed my imagination of your set up based on your description in the past. Very well implemented and very cleanly kept. Though I am aware of some of the components earlier, the big surprises for me are the center and the sub. 

Which rack is it? It looks quite good. Thank you for posting the pics!

Now I have a little more conviction to get a larger center speaker in future Smile

And thanks a lot Ben!

Soopafly49's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 days ago
Joined: 08/05/2010 - 11:58
Posts: 377
RE: And Finally........

Nice system Cno. I like what youve done with the grammas. Can you do the same for my subdudes?

Soopafly49's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 days ago
Joined: 08/05/2010 - 11:58
Posts: 377
RE: And Finally........

Nice system Cno. I like what youve done with the grammas. Can you do the same for my subdudes?

CnoEvil's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12566
RE: And Finally........

WishTree wrote:

One day I missed the forum and so much has happened  >)

Cno.. this is excellent and definetly surpassed my imagination of your set up based on your description in the past. Very well implemented and very cleanly kept. Though I am aware of some of the components earlier, the big surprises for me are the center and the sub. 

Which rack is it? It looks quite good. Thank you for posting the pics!

Now I have a little more conviction to get a larger center speaker in future Smile

And thanks a lot Ben!...

You and Ben are like Batman and Robin! Wink

It's not always that clean, a bit of pre-photo dusting was in order.

The Rack is an Atacama AV one, though if I'd known about them, I'd have gone with a Hi-Fi Rack Podium, as I prefer wood.

Thanks for the kind words

Cno

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

CnoEvil's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12566
RE: And Finally........

Soopafly49 wrote:

Nice system Cno. I like what youve done with the grammas. Can you do the same for my subdudes?

Thank you Soupafly....maybe I should start selling "Subdude/Gramma Kits!" Smile

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6395
RE: And Finally........

WishTree wrote:

And thanks a lot Ben!

 

:grin:

 

Quote:
very cleanly kept

 

I think he's photoshopped out the dust and clutter  Wink

CnoEvil's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12566
RE: And Finally........

BenLaw wrote:

I think he's photoshopped out the dust and clutter  Wink

Blum 3

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 10:56
Posts: 16655
RE: And Finally........

Holy mackerel, Batman. Mines due on tomorrow... (where's the brandy)

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

CnoEvil's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12566
RE: And Finally........

plastic penguin wrote:

Holy mackerel, Batman. Mines due on tomorrow... (where's the brandy)

So you're that Penguin! :O     (didn't know he was plastic)

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Pages

Log in or register to post comments