Have your say & ask the experts!

Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

46 replies [Last post]
chebby's picture
Offline
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Posts: 15346
__________________

Marantz M-CR603 • Rega R3 loudspeakers • AirPlay • Apple iPad Mini • Apple iPhone 5 • Apple iMac • Apple AirPort Extreme 802.11N • Humax HDR-Fox T2 • Panasonic TX-L32D25B • Sony BDP-S390

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Joined: 20 Apr 2011
Posts: 1659
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

I've visited my Rega dealer yesterday, and had a looong talk with him about some Rega news! 

This was one of them... 

It looks magnificent!!!  woohoo! party time!

 

beauty, eh

spockfish's picture
Offline
Joined: 18 Jan 2011
Posts: 228
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

Holy.smoke.

My rp3 is a few months old. This looks great!

 

Ah well... Let's get an Elicit R then Wink

__________________

Synology NAS > Squeezebox Touch > Rega DAC | Rega RP3 > Rega Brio R > Chord Odyssey 2 > Mission 752

spockfish's picture
Offline
Joined: 18 Jan 2011
Posts: 228
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

Holy.smoke.

My rp3 is a few months old. This looks great!

 

Ah well... Let's get an Elicit R then Wink

__________________

Synology NAS > Squeezebox Touch > Rega DAC | Rega RP3 > Rega Brio R > Chord Odyssey 2 > Mission 752

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 15550
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

OMG - It looks like any other Rega TT, albeit quite nice, with a sky blue platter and a migraine-inducing red anti-static mat... and '40' printed in a jaunty way. It probably cost more than the RP3 with a comparable performance.

A suckling musical lorry springs to mind.

__________________

Amp: Leema Pulse; Source: Naim CD5i-2, Denon 260MKII, Pro-ject XP I; Speakers: PMC TB2i

 

Formerly known as plastic penguin

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Joined: 8 Jan 2008
Posts: 22562
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd read...

__________________

Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6  |  751BD  |  651A  |  Diamond 9.1 | Minx Xi | Sonos Play:3

Moderator. mail: john.duncan.whf at the mail of g dot com

floyd droid's picture
Offline
Joined: 5 Sep 2008
Posts: 2669
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

plastic penguin wrote:

 a migraine-inducing red anti-static mat... 

Ha ha. I just couldnt summon up the energy to click on yet another Rega link. Your post said it all for me  PP.

 

 

domenn's picture
Offline
Joined: 13 Aug 2010
Posts: 183
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

It will be priced at £798.00 

__________________

 I Mac , Leema Elements amp-dac , Rega RS5 ,  Chord cables 

  Squeezebox touch  ,Leema elements phono stage , Rega P3-24 , Ipad 4  

chebby's picture
Offline
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Posts: 15346
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

domenn wrote:

It will be priced at £798.00 

That includes the Elys40 cart and individually 'tuned' TT-PSU.

The normal or 'stock' RP3 (with fitted Elys 2 cart) is £549 and the TT-PSU is normally £198 so the RP40 package comes with a £51 premium.

__________________

Marantz M-CR603 • Rega R3 loudspeakers • AirPlay • Apple iPad Mini • Apple iPhone 5 • Apple iMac • Apple AirPort Extreme 802.11N • Humax HDR-Fox T2 • Panasonic TX-L32D25B • Sony BDP-S390

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 15550
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

chebby wrote:

domenn wrote:

It will be priced at £798.00 

That includes the Elys40 cart and individually 'tuned' TT-PSU.

What does that mean? it's a pretty empty statement. It's like me saying I've had my Alfa "individually tuned". Clarity would be good from either Rega themselves or the learned guys on here.

__________________

Amp: Leema Pulse; Source: Naim CD5i-2, Denon 260MKII, Pro-ject XP I; Speakers: PMC TB2i

 

Formerly known as plastic penguin

chebby's picture
Offline
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Posts: 15346
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

plastic penguin wrote:

chebby wrote:

domenn wrote:

It will be priced at £798.00 

That includes the Elys40 cart and individually 'tuned' TT-PSU.

What does that mean? it's a pretty empty statement. It's like me saying I've had my Alfa "individually tuned". Clarity would be good from either Rega themselves or the learned guys on here.

I am only quoting Rega from the flyer I linked to above.

Here it is in full...

"A custom TT-PSU will be included which will be hand tuned to each individual motor before fitting to the deck. (a level of fine tuning only found on the RP8 and previously the Planar 9 turntable). This will maximise the efficiency of the anti-vibration circuit whilst still offering the convenience of electronic speed change."

I have made no judgement of this product at all.  I just provided links to Rega's announcement.

__________________

Marantz M-CR603 • Rega R3 loudspeakers • AirPlay • Apple iPad Mini • Apple iPhone 5 • Apple iMac • Apple AirPort Extreme 802.11N • Humax HDR-Fox T2 • Panasonic TX-L32D25B • Sony BDP-S390

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 15550
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

chebby wrote:

plastic penguin wrote:

chebby wrote:

domenn wrote:

It will be priced at £798.00 

That includes the Elys40 cart and individually 'tuned' TT-PSU.

What does that mean? it's a pretty empty statement. It's like me saying I've had my Alfa "individually tuned". Clarity would be good from either Rega themselves or the learned guys on here.

I am only quoting Rega from the flyer I linked to above.

Here it is in full...

"A custom TT-PSU will be included which will be hand tuned to each individual motor before fitting to the deck. (a level of fine tuning only found on the RP8 and previously the Planar 9 turntable). This will maximise the efficiency of the anti-vibration circuit whilst still offering the convenience of electronic speed change."

I have made no judgement of this product at all.  I just provided links to Rega's announcement.

Not having a 'pop' at you, but I am totally dismayed by companies that bring out "Anniversary Editions" or "Limited Editions" or "Special Editions". The same with Kef claiming the LS50s is based around the old BBC monitors. Don't doubt those old speakers used Kef units, but the only real connection is that both are made from paper or Kevlar or some other suitable substance and bounce when music is played. To their credit, though, at least they've introduced a totally new design. This is in stark contrast to Rega who've just used the chasis, arm, bearings... from existing models and added a couple of Union flag stickers. Ludicrous.

__________________

Amp: Leema Pulse; Source: Naim CD5i-2, Denon 260MKII, Pro-ject XP I; Speakers: PMC TB2i

 

Formerly known as plastic penguin

andybeau's picture
Offline
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 564
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

plastic penguin wrote:

chebby wrote:

plastic penguin wrote:

chebby wrote:

domenn wrote:

It will be priced at £798.00 

That includes the Elys40 cart and individually 'tuned' TT-PSU.

What does that mean? it's a pretty empty statement. It's like me saying I've had my Alfa "individually tuned". Clarity would be good from either Rega themselves or the learned guys on here.

I am only quoting Rega from the flyer I linked to above.

Here it is in full...

"A custom TT-PSU will be included which will be hand tuned to each individual motor before fitting to the deck. (a level of fine tuning only found on the RP8 and previously the Planar 9 turntable). This will maximise the efficiency of the anti-vibration circuit whilst still offering the convenience of electronic speed change."

I have made no judgement of this product at all.  I just provided links to Rega's announcement.

Not having a 'pop' at you, but I am totally dismayed by companies that bring out "Anniversary Editions" or "Limited Editions" or "Special Editions". The same with Kef claiming the LS50s is based around the old BBC monitors. Don't doubt those old speakers used Kef units, but the only real connection is that both are made from paper or Kevlar or some other suitable substance and bounce when music is played. To their credit, though, at least they've introduced a totally new design. This is in stark contrast to Rega who've just used the chasis, arm, bearings... from existing models and added a couple of Union flag stickers. Ludicrous.

Thought it looked nice and only £51 premium not bad really   embarassed

__________________

Rega Brio R, Inspire Quest Rega TT c/w Clearaudio Concept MM, Rega TTPSU, Marrantz CD6004, MA BX2, MF V-Can II, HRT Streamer2, Acer Aspire 1(Win7 Starter), AKG K451, AKG K550, SoundMAGIC HP100

Yamaha RXV671, Sony BDPS370, Xbox360, Samsung UE37E6300, Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, CM10.1, 8.1 SW150

drummerman's picture
Offline
Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 4961
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

Mmmh, dont know. Its a nice turntable and 40 years is something to celebrate.

In a way its good they've chosen an 'affordable' product to do so.

It would still make this rega cheaper than the Clearaudio Concept. Both are unsuspended particle board base record decks. Not exactly ideal but I can see Rega selling these limited edition ones as fast as they appear in the showroom ... if they ever get that far.

regards

__________________

Pretty ... and pretty proud of it

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 3627
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

Quote:

Ah well... Let's get an Elicit R then Wink

 

my thoughts exactly!

 

 

__________________

Icon Audio ST40 III / KT88, Rega Apollo R, DAC, RS3

Rega RP6, Nagaoka MP-200, White Belt, Michell Tecnoweight, Rega Fono MM

Rega Quattro, Couple 1 & 2

 

 

 

 

 

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 3627
RE: Rega RP40 Anniversary turntable.

Quote:

This is in stark contrast to Rega who've just used the chasis, arm, bearings... from existing models and added a couple of Union flag stickers. Ludicrous.

If it aint broke then it dont need fixing!

Rega TTs are made from particle board, with no mass - we all know this - however they work, they sound great and they are targeted to the masses - in the hifi world! This appeals to a lot of people on these forums with the ease of set up and they just play muisc well without any fuss or pretence. Yes they probably dont sound as good as a Sondek or Orbe but they are close enough for most people!

Any way I have just put a GT SubPlatter on mine - suddenly the noise floor has gone EDITED?

__________________

Icon Audio ST40 III / KT88, Rega Apollo R, DAC, RS3

Rega RP6, Nagaoka MP-200, White Belt, Michell Tecnoweight, Rega Fono MM

Rega Quattro, Couple 1 & 2