92 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dinglebin's picture
RE: Samsung UE46F8000

How difficult was the pm with JL? I've just put one in this afternoon and hoping for a response within 24hrs!!

Total Digital have the tv at 1217 now so you may be due some more discount if you're still within the 28days.

Did you go direct to customer service or a local store? I'd really appreciate some assistance as I'm not holding out much hope that they will agree to the pm initially based upon the explicit criteria stated on there website!

I really want this tv....

cheers

Darren

MrW's picture

Dinglebin wrote:

How difficult was the pm with JL? I've just put one in this afternoon and hoping for a response within 24hrs!!

Total Digital have the tv at 1217 now so you may be due some more discount if you're still within the 28days.

Did you go direct to customer service or a local store? I'd really appreciate some assistance as I'm not holding out much hope that they will agree to the pm initially based upon the explicit criteria stated on there website!

I really want this tv....

cheers

Darren

JL will price match total digital, don't panic about delivery etc, just submit the NKU claim

SiUK's picture

Hi submitted the price match details via JL's online form. Just waited for a reply then. About 36 hrs I think. Wasn't aware you could submit a pm again once the item had been price matched. Is this correct? 

MrW's picture

I've done it once, back in 2011.

They price matched Curry's on a TV, and then 3 weeks later Comet were offering a similar deal but with a free BluRay player and 2 pairs of 3D glasses, I re-submitted the form and they called me to say they would match it.

I had to 'buy' the free items, and then when they had been delivered I had to call them and they refunded me in full.

Oldboy's picture

SiUK wrote:

Hi submitted the price match details via JL's online form. Just waited for a reply then. About 36 hrs I think. Wasn't aware you could submit a pm again once the item had been price matched. Is this correct? 

Yes you can up to 28 days after purchase and they will price match any deal or price you can find, you can submit it in the same way as you did previously. Yet another reason why it's a good idea to shop with John Lewis Smile

Samsung UE55F8000 TV (THX professional calibrated), Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence configuration), Sony BDPS790, Yamaha RX-A2020, Marantz PM6004, Marantz CD6003, Virgin TiVo 1TB, Playstation 4, Playstation 3, WD TV Live, WD My Book World 1TB.

SiUK's picture

Well, that is really good. Will have to remember to do a search daily until each of the 28 days is up for each item purchased Wink

SiUK's picture

Just resubmitted. See what happens Smile

Dinglebin's picture

Not heard back from my first PM yet. It's been over 24hrs (48 by lunchtime today).

hopefully today will be the day. Any good recommendations for wall mount brackets?

MrW's picture

@dinglebin I use these wall brackets:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-SUPER-SLIM-ARTICULATED-TV-BRACKET-32-55-TVs-/151159871277?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_TV_Wall_Mounts_Brackets&hash=item2331d4972d

No issues with them at all, and they are super slim!

lynne24's picture

lynne24's picture

@Dinglebin  Really interested to see if they offer you the full price match. Sounds like a brilliant tv but the full price is too high for my mum. Not submitted a price match yet. Waiting on your outcome. Fingers crossed!

lynne24's picture

SiUK wrote:

John Lewis just came up trumps.  Yes! Price matched the tv saving a significant amount off the total cost.  £40ish extra instead of hundreds.  Very happy indeed. Haven't looked at it again since Saturday as I've been in bed. Soon as the [no revolting details] ends I'll be able to take a better look.  Glad John Lewis decided to honour the Price match after all. Fair play to them.

@SiUK  Total Digital don't appear to include any extra warranty but John Lewis include a free 5 year warranty. Didn't John Lewis take this into account in calculating the difference? Surprised if they didn't! When you completed their online form did you only mention the current Total Digital price and £30 delivery charge? My mum's really interested in this model if she can get this price match although she much prefers the stand on the lower UE46F7000 model. Also do you know if either do installation and for how much? 

MrW's picture

lynne24 wrote:

SiUK wrote:

John Lewis just came up trumps.  Yes! Price matched the tv saving a significant amount off the total cost.  £40ish extra instead of hundreds.  Very happy indeed. Haven't looked at it again since Saturday as I've been in bed. Soon as the [no revolting details] ends I'll be able to take a better look.  Glad John Lewis decided to honour the Price match after all. Fair play to them.

@SiUK  Total Digital don't appear to include any extra warranty but John Lewis include a free 5 year warranty. Didn't John Lewis take this into account in calculating the difference? Surprised if they didn't! When you completed their online form did you only mention the current Total Digital price and £30 delivery charge? My mum's really interested in this model if she can get this price match although she much prefers the stand on the lower UE46F7000 model. Also do you know if either do installation and for how much? 

I have never worried about delivery costs etc when submitting a NKU price match, just use the online request form and put the price from the total digital website

I'm pretty sure JL offer an installation service

SiUK's picture

lynne24 wrote:

@SiUK  Total Digital don't appear to include any extra warranty...

What MrW said Smile Just submit it via the online form, JL work it out, and what they are willing to match. They can take a while however. If you don't get a reply after 48+ hours or so I would resubmit it personally. I haven't heard anything back yet on the second submission yet, so I'll resubmit again tomorrow.

SiUK's picture

A Toshiba 500GB Stor.E Basics USB 3.0 2.5" external hard drive (HDTB105EK3AA) and an Amazon Basics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B 1.8m will turn this TV into a useful PVR. Simply Plug the cable into the USB port with HDD on it, the TV tests the drive, formats it, and then sets it up for recording and time shifting. The Toshiba drives are very small and inaudible! No plug, as it is powerered by TV USB.

Before getting another Tosh hard drive (I use them for the Marantz MCR610s as well) I phoned Samsung and asked them about it. They confirmed that the hard drive didn't need to have an external power supply, as long as it met the read write speed requirements, which this USB 3.0 drive does easily. If you are thinking about using a bigger drive, bare in mind that I was told that this TV can't map drives larger than 2TB, just for your info.

HTH someone.

--edited for brevity

Pages