49 posts / 0 new
Last post
strapped for cash's picture
RE: pioneer krp500a replacement ?

So that's a full house then, or a unanimous decision, or something like that...

Stuart.W.D's picture

Sony W905A beats any plasma i ever had, the detail is just stunning and for gaming its a no brainer!!

rocketrazor's picture

I'd stick with you current tv, after all the problems I've had with my gt50 if it ain't broke don't replace it, unless your going for a much much bigger screen. In which case i agree with bbb, can I have your pioneer please  Smile

scene's picture

I took my Kuro down for three weeks as I was having the living room painted and a new carpet...

Having got it back, it made me really appreciate just how good it is. Keep the Kuro.

Paul.'s picture

Keep the Kuro and buy a W905 for gaming.  Solved.   Blum 3

ellisdj's picture

I dont regret selling my LX5090 for one second.

Yes I had an issue with my 65Vt65 - but its been fixed.

Is the 65VT65 better than my LX5090 - its Significantly better and its much much bigger!!

My Kuro was a Great TV, I loved it to bits - however there is no denying the newer panasnonics have a much clearer and cleaner image - with better motion.  If you like a 3D Look then IFC does some amazing things to the picture which some people really love - not really for me.

Plus you get 3D which is ok uncalibrated - but Really Mustard once calibrated.

I personally would not buy anything from Samsung - everything I have owned from Samsung since their early mobiles has had big issues down the line, I personally have no confidence in their kit.

The ZT65 - will see one Weds Night as my dad has just bought one is worthy of considering as is the 65VT as a successor to your KRP.

You may get problems - but you will have 5/7 year warranty.  You may get problems with the KRP in the future as well - no way of knowing things like that...

Or wait it out until OLED is affordable at a big size - OLED seems to be one to consider given the speed of the pixels / black levels

Meridian 861 V4 LPSU, HD621, Bryston 9BSST

Monitor Audio PL100, GXC 150, GXFX, SVS SB13 ULTRA

Custom Audio PC LPSU + Batts, JPLAY, JCAT and PPA Studio

Panny 65VT65, Marantz UD7007, Graham Slee Analogue and Digital Cables, Isotek

ellisdj wrote:

You may get problems - but you will have 5/7 year warranty. 

Though that warranty is of little use if Panasonic treats its customers with disdain and classifies most problems as "within specification."

You don't have to look far on this and other forums to find countless examples of frustrated owners stuck with problem TVs.

I have no agenda here; that's simply how it's been for a fair number of Panasonic plasma owners. (Other manufacturers may treat customers in exactly the same way.)

I still maintain that, if you've got a TV that works properly, be very thankful and hang on to it. The current television market really is a lottery; and your odds of winning aren't particularly high.  

Stuart.W.D's picture

I bought the 46" set! here is 40W905A review by home cinema http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/sony-kdl-40w905a-review/15993 In their own words quote " In many ways Sony's W9 is an LED TV that could actually win the hearts of die hard plasma lovers "

I'm not trying to get you to buy the W9 just giving you a option :grin:  You took the time to write this thread as in your mind you wanted a new set, and many people advise you to keep your current TV, i just think its good to have options

gel's picture

Paul. wrote:

Sounds like a plan.   Smile

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

gel's picture

ellisdj wrote:

I dont regret selling my LX5090 for one second.

Yes I had an issue with my 65Vt65 - but its been fixed.

Is the 65VT65 better than my LX5090 - its Significantly better and its much much bigger!!

My Kuro was a Great TV, I loved it to bits - however there is no denying the newer panasnonics have a much clearer and cleaner image - with better motion.  If you like a 3D Look then IFC does some amazing things to the picture which some people really love - not really for me.

Plus you get 3D which is ok uncalibrated - but Really Mustard once calibrated.

I personally would not buy anything from Samsung - everything I have owned from Samsung since their early mobiles has had big issues down the line, I personally have no confidence in their kit.

The ZT65 - will see one Weds Night as my dad has just bought one is worthy of considering as is the 65VT as a successor to your KRP.

You may get problems - but you will have 5/7 year warranty.  You may get problems with the KRP in the future as well - no way of knowing things like that...

Or wait it out until OLED is affordable at a big size - OLED seems to be one to consider given the speed of the pixels / black levels

Agreed.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

gel's picture

bigboss wrote:
Plasma: Samsung F8500 LED lit LCD: Samsung F8000

Agreed too.

Stuart.W.D wrote:

I bought the 46" set! here is 40W905A review by home cinema http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/sony-kdl-40w905a-review/15993 In their own words quote " In many ways Sony's W9 is an LED TV that could actually win the hearts of die hard plasma lovers "

I'm not trying to get you to buy the W9 just giving you a option :grin:  You took the time to write this thread as in your mind you wanted a new set, and many people advise you to keep your current TV, i just think its good to have options

Just to check, you weren't previously a member of this forum using another name (or indeed names)?

Apologies if this isn't the case.

Incidentally, what's happened to JD? He hasn't been around here much lately.

bigboss's picture

Paul. wrote:

Aha, but it's a Kuro. I've not had any problems with gaming on mine even after 4 and a half years of use. Smile

BenLaw's picture

gel wrote:

bigboss wrote:
Plasma: Samsung F8500 LED lit LCD: Samsung F8000

Agreed too.

But you just agreed with someone else saying don't buy Samsung!

buzz_lightclick's picture

bigboss wrote:

Paul. wrote:

Aha, but it's a Kuro. I've not had any problems with gaming on mine even after 4 and a half years of use. Smile

Me neither, I regularly play games on my KRP though I do use "Game Mode" for this, "Pure mode" for regular Sky HD viewing and blu ray movies.

Home Cinema: 

Pioneer Kuro KRP-500A, Sky+HD 2TB, Monitor Audio Apex (4x A10, 1xA40), B&W PV1D, Oppo 95

Pages