70 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 46 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2372
RE: Thanks to Floyd Droid - Dynavector 10x5

CJSF wrote:

stevebrock wrote:

Quote:

So keep the brio and get a new cart?

Amp on the back burner for minute

I have also gone back to copper speaker cable too, so much nicer sounding over Rumour (silver plate)


 

You be carfull what you say Steve, 'prefering copper cable' is herecy on here mate . . . :read:

CJSF

No it is NOT!!!  :roll:

I've state some times that in my system didn't like silver cables, to bright! My Supra are cooper with tin bath and love them.  Wink

You have to draw a line some where, and Steve is drawing his...

 

:cheers:

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

floyd droid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2008 - 17:39
Posts: 2755
RE: Thanks to Floyd Droid - Dynavector 10x5

Jesus wept !!. I hope your chill pill kicked in over night .

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 54 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16323
RE: Dynavector 10x5

Synesthesia?  Ideophonic? (Where's Andrew?)

You see a metal tweeter and the sound seems metallic. (And silk domes sound 'silky'.)

Valves are warm and they glow so the sound seems warm.

A cartridge body is carved from wood so the sound is 'organic'.

You can touch an LP so sound from vinyl is 'tangible'.

Just a thought.

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

CJSF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 25/05/2011 - 19:24
Posts: 2057
RE: Thanks to Floyd Droid - Dynavector 10x5

Hi-FiOutlaw wrote:

CJSF wrote:

stevebrock wrote:

Quote:

So keep the brio and get a new cart?

Amp on the back burner for minute

I have also gone back to copper speaker cable too, so much nicer sounding over Rumour (silver plate)


 

You be carfull what you say Steve, 'prefering copper cable' is herecy on here mate . . . :read:

CJSF

No it is NOT!!!  :roll:

I've state some times that in my system didn't like silver cables, to bright! My Supra are cooper with tin bath and love them.  Wink

You have to draw a line some where, and Steve is drawing his...

 

:cheers:

They will be after you as well HiFi Outlaw . . .  herecy and treason, lock you up in the Tower and throw away the key, off with his head!!! :read:

or is that 'tin bath' every Friday night in front of the fire 'love them' . . .  ROFL

CJSF

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 4046
RE: Dynavector 10x5

Cables is cables FFS

Speakers/Amps/Carts are a different matter!

 

Michell Gyrodec, RB303, Benz Micro Ace H, Icon Audio ST40 w/KT88s, PS1 Phono, Kudos X2, Rega Apollo R, DAC

 

 

floyd droid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2008 - 17:39
Posts: 2755
RE: Dynavector 10x5

chebby wrote:

Synesthesia?  Ideophonic? (Where's Andrew?)

You see a metal tweeter and the sound seems metallic. (And silk domes sound 'silky'.)

Valves are warm and they glow so the sound seems warm.

A cartridge body is carved from wood so the sound is 'organic'.

You can touch an LP so sound from vinyl is 'tangible'.

Just a thought.

 

You little tinker Wink  

CJSF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 25/05/2011 - 19:24
Posts: 2057
RE: Dynavector 10x5

stevebrock wrote:

Cables is cables FFS

Speakers/Amps/Carts are a different matter!

 

??? . . . all goes to make up the whole Steve, otherwise we might as well use 'bell wire' :doh:

CJSF

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 4046
RE: Dynavector 10x5

CJSF wrote:

stevebrock wrote:

Cables is cables FFS

Speakers/Amps/Carts are a different matter!

 

??? . . . all goes to make up the whole Steve, otherwise we might as well use 'bell wire' :doh:

CJSF

probabyl should of just said a nice thick  quality OFC will be fine!

 

Michell Gyrodec, RB303, Benz Micro Ace H, Icon Audio ST40 w/KT88s, PS1 Phono, Kudos X2, Rega Apollo R, DAC

 

 

floyd droid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2008 - 17:39
Posts: 2755
RE: Dynavector 10x5

You may have just cra**ed your own thread here Steve ,lol.

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 4046
RE: Dynavector 10x5

I was begining to get bored though

 

Michell Gyrodec, RB303, Benz Micro Ace H, Icon Audio ST40 w/KT88s, PS1 Phono, Kudos X2, Rega Apollo R, DAC

 

 

floyd droid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2008 - 17:39
Posts: 2755
RE: Dynavector 10x5

Aye and someone else was casting a fly.

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 4046
RE: Dynavector 10x5

ive bitten, grrrrr

 

Michell Gyrodec, RB303, Benz Micro Ace H, Icon Audio ST40 w/KT88s, PS1 Phono, Kudos X2, Rega Apollo R, DAC

 

 

CJSF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 25/05/2011 - 19:24
Posts: 2057
RE: Dynavector 10x5

floyd droid wrote:

Aye and someone else was casting a fly.

 

:shhh:  . . . ROFL

At least we got as far as the 10x5 is worth while  Wink

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 46 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2372
RE: Dynavector 10x5

stevebrock wrote:

Cables is cables FFS

Speakers/Amps/Carts are a different matter!

 

Don't you go there...  Wink

You broke the Rega sinergy by buying a Dynavector cart... Wink  Dirol

In a few months time you may change your opinion too regardering cables.  :grin:

 

 

:cheers:

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 46 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2372
RE: Thanks to Floyd Droid - Dynavector 10x5

CJSF wrote:

Hi-FiOutlaw wrote:

CJSF wrote:

stevebrock wrote:

Quote:

So keep the brio and get a new cart?

Amp on the back burner for minute

I have also gone back to copper speaker cable too, so much nicer sounding over Rumour (silver plate)


 

You be carfull what you say Steve, 'prefering copper cable' is herecy on here mate . . . :read:

CJSF

No it is NOT!!!  :roll:

I've state some times that in my system didn't like silver cables, to bright! My Supra are cooper with tin bath and love them.  Wink

You have to draw a line some where, and Steve is drawing his...

 

:cheers:

They will be after you as well HiFi Outlaw . . .  herecy and treason, lock you up in the Tower and throw away the key, off with his head!!! :read:

or is that 'tin bath' every Friday night in front of the fire 'love them' . . .  ROFL

CJSF

I didn't quite got that bit...  :?

 

:cheers:

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

Pages

Log in or register to post comments