20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Al ears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 23/11/2008 - 19:20
Posts: 3340
John Kenny DAC anyone?
English

If John Kenny's JKDAC32 is as good as reviewers say it is why cannot I find it for sale anywhere?? PS. We are not related and I'm not a retailer! Just want to be a buyer!

 

Motto: Never pay full price for anything, there is always room to haggle!

Tom Evans Audio Design amplification / Acoustic Zen speakers.

quadpatch's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 28/03/2011 - 19:04
Posts: 881
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

It's a DIY thing, only available off his own website as far as I can see. Did you not notice that or did you just want buy in a shop?

https://sites.google.com/site/hifacemods/home-1/purchase

Al ears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 23/11/2008 - 19:20
Posts: 3340
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

Aha! No I could not find that link anywhere. Reviewers never seem to mention where they get their sample from. Will try the link. Again many thanks.

 

Motto: Never pay full price for anything, there is always room to haggle!

Tom Evans Audio Design amplification / Acoustic Zen speakers.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

John Kenny here :wave:  - just got a google alert about this.

If you need to ask any questions, fire away & I will try to answer them  Smile

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23081
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

jkenny wrote:

John Kenny here :wave:  - just got a google alert about this.

If you need to ask any questions, fire away & I will try to answer them  Smile

Hello and welcome, John.  Just for completeness, can you change your signature to reflect your manufacturer/trade status as required by the house rules?

Cheers

JD

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com
Kit in state of flux

Al ears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 23/11/2008 - 19:20
Posts: 3340
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

jkenny wrote:

John Kenny here :wave:  - just got a google alert about this.

If you need to ask any questions, fire away & I will try to answer them  Smile

Hi,
Just tried to determine where I could get one of your products (didn't realise it was web based only.)
What is the lead-time for a JKDAC32 or can the be bought "off the shelf" so to speak?

 

Motto: Never pay full price for anything, there is always room to haggle!

Tom Evans Audio Design amplification / Acoustic Zen speakers.

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23081
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

http://sites.google.com/site/hifacemods/home-1/purchase

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com
Kit in state of flux

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

John Duncan wrote:
Hello and welcome, John.  Just for completeness, can you change your signature to reflect your manufacturer/trade status as required by the house rules?

Cheers

JD

Thanks for the welcome & for providing the link to Alears

- signature changed to reflect member of the trade - is this ok?

Is there a way to get notification of posts for subscrbed threads?

No PMs?

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

Alears wrote:
Hi, Just tried to determine where I could get one of your products (didn't realise it was web based only.) What is the lead-time for a JKDAC32 or can the be bought "off the shelf" so to speak?
DACs ordered now ill b shipped next week via registered post or courier if preferred? Delivery time depends on country - shipping is from Ireland. Once received, 20 days of evaluation in home system is available. If returned, a full refund is given less the my postal costs of €20 or Courier cost. 

 

Hope this helps?

Al ears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 23/11/2008 - 19:20
Posts: 3340
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

jkenny wrote:

Alears wrote:
Hi, Just tried to determine where I could get one of your products (didn't realise it was web based only.) What is the lead-time for a JKDAC32 or can the be bought "off the shelf" so to speak?
DACs ordered now ill b shipped next week via registered post or courier if preferred? Delivery time depends on country - shipping is from Ireland. Once received, 20 days of evaluation in home system is available. If returned, a full refund is given less the my postal costs of €20 or Courier cost. 

 

Hope this helps?

It does indeed John, many thanks. I'm in Wales so delivery time shouldn't be much of an issue.
Doesn't sound like I'll need the 20 days evaluation either but its always nice to see!
I got my speakers the same way and they had a 30 day trial period, I guess you have to do this with direct selling.
Will be putting an order in soon.
Ever thought of making one with more than just a USB input? Might like the option of feeding my CD transport thru something in the future?

 

Motto: Never pay full price for anything, there is always room to haggle!

Tom Evans Audio Design amplification / Acoustic Zen speakers.

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23081
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

jkenny wrote:

Thanks for the welcome & for providing the link to Alears

My pleasure.

jkenny wrote:

signature changed to reflect member of the trade - is this ok?

Perfect

jkenny wrote:

Is there a way to get notification of posts for subscrbed threads?

There's a 'watch' system on Gramophone but that has less traffic; maybe Mr Clough will have a word with the boys and see if they might try it.

jkenny wrote:

No PMs?

No.  This was a conscious decision ages ago (and one that I agree with wholeheartedly, if we can't say stuff in front of each other...;-)).  I think it would be nice to be able to mail people if they allow it, but again that'll have to go on Andy's list...

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com
Kit in state of flux

Al ears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 23/11/2008 - 19:20
Posts: 3340
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

You're burning the midnight oil JD

 

Motto: Never pay full price for anything, there is always room to haggle!

Tom Evans Audio Design amplification / Acoustic Zen speakers.

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23081
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

Alears wrote:

You're burning the midnight oil JD

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/computer-based-music/my-imac-is-broken?page=page=3#comment-2714508

Blog to follow if it survives Mr C's blue pencil...

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com
Kit in state of flux

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

Alears wrote:
..... Will be putting an order in soon.
Look forward to it Smile

Quote:
Ever thought of making one with more than just a USB input? Might like the option of feeding my CD transport thru something in the future?
My philosophy with these devices is to perform one function as optimally as I could make it. I believe with multiple functions there is a very strong risk of the extra chips needed interacting via the power supply & somewhat comprimising each function.

Edit: Anyway the DAC32 is a full 32bit 384KHz from USB input through to DAC analogue outs - no upsampling - this is native resolution. Using SPDIF input would not be able to handle this sample rate 

Al ears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 23/11/2008 - 19:20
Posts: 3340
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

A commendable philosophy indeed. Just thought I'd ask (you'll probably have others!!!).
I think I'll still be getting one as just want it for my computer to hifi setup.
I can still utilise my Stello DAC for the CD playing duty!

 

Motto: Never pay full price for anything, there is always room to haggle!

Tom Evans Audio Design amplification / Acoustic Zen speakers.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: John Kenny DAC anyone?

Alears wrote:
A commendable philosophy indeed. Just thought I'd ask (you'll probably have others!!!). I think I'll still be getting one as just want it for my computer to hifi setup. I can still utilise my Stello DAC for the CD playing duty!
Thanks. You may find that you never play a CD again (once you've ripped all your CDs to disk in lossless format & follow my advice in the user guide  Smile Send me an email if you want a copy of the user guide or contact me via my website contact form.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments