10 posts / 0 new
Last post
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Panasonic DMP-BDT120 won't update won't play disc
English

Just tried to play a disc in the 2 week old panasonic 120, but won't play anything.

Says there's a firmware update available, but when I go to set up and go in to player settings, I just get a blank screen.

Panasonic, you can keep your faulty tv and bdp, and stick em up your EDITED, I've had enough.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

strapped for cash's picture
RE: Panasonic DMP-BDT120 won't update won't play disc

Not sure what's happening here. My 120 updated firmware a couple of days ago without any problems, though I haven't used it today.

Presumably there's no problem with the ethernet connection? I'm not near the BDP right now, but isn't there a factory reset option? If so, have you tried resetting the BDP and letting the firmware update from there?

When I get a chance I'll boot up the BDP and see what happens. I'll report back...

Just did factory reset, then updated firmware. I think it's doing it now, but the tv screen gone crazy and the BDP is flashing UP DS/S.

Now has updated, and film is playing ok. 

Why the hell do I need to do a factory reset, to do a firmware update, to play a film?????

It's probably too late to watch it now, I've got to get up at 5.

I've just asked my wife (Japanese) to contact Panasonic in Japan, and tell them what's going on with their ****ing tvs, but I don't think she will.  :)

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

Glad that's sorted. Maybe there was a connection interruption during the update first time around.

I hope the 120 will be good for a few years. I'm as delighted with the 120 as I am angry with the GT50.

I think your wife should give Panasonic hell anyway. It won't achieve anything, but they deserve some stick for selling defective TVs.

It's not just us that are complaining, the Japanese have been complaining too. 

Panasonic need to sort themselves out, start manufacturing quality goods again, and remember that without us customers, they don't have a business.

Rant over, film on

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Rant over, film on

Enjoy, if you can! As long as you choose films with no sporting footage, underwater shots, or images of vast expanses of sky, you should be good...

BenLaw's picture

strapped for cash wrote:

Rant over, film on

Enjoy, if you can! As long as you choose films with no sporting footage, underwater shots, or images of vast expanses of sky, you should be good...

Lock stock it is then  Smile

BenLaw wrote:

strapped for cash wrote:

Rant over, film on

Lock stock it is then  Smile

:grin:

Sadly, I think you're right.

This really isn't the television for me!

We're working our way through the Harry Potter blu ray box set. First 2 films were very disappointing PQ wise, but the later ones look and sound loads better.

Last night was part one of Deathly Hallows, part two will have to wait until next weekend, working away again. 

I take it the 120 is fully operational and glitch free again. If so, that's one thing to cross off the list of concerns.

I've only seen one of the Harry Potter films. From what I recall, Jason Statham wasn't in it.