393 posts / 0 new
Last post
rocketrazor's picture
RE: Philips 55PFL8008 or something else? Confused.

bigboss wrote:

rocketrazor wrote:

Now you have had the tv a while oldboy I wondered what you thought of the gaming on it?

i also tried to look for your review but couldn't find it. Any idea where abouts it is? I probably missed it looking through this thread!

cheers

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/my-samsung-ue55f8000-review

cheers bigboss, I had indeed completely missed it  Smile

Oldboy's picture
RE: Philips 55PFL8008 or something else? Confused.

rocketrazor wrote:

Now you have had the tv a while oldboy I wondered what you thought of the gaming on it?

i also tried to look for your review but couldn't find it. Any idea where abouts it is? I probably missed it looking through this thread!

cheers

I have found gaming on it the same as on my previous Sony HX853 as long as Game Mode is used, on the rare occasion I've forgot to turn that on you can notice the lag but with it on it performs well and I've noticed no problems when playing COD online and it remains the case that it's my own ageing reactions that remain the issue and not the TV.

What I have noticed is that motion is far smoother on the F8000 that on my previous Sony when gaming, I can't say I really noticed it that much at the time but the Sony is alot more jerky in comparison to the F8000. Got to say I'm loving the extra screen size for gaming and the TV is performing really well but I couldn't work out where one article was saying you could rename the Game Mode setting to PC to get even better responce times as I can't find anything within the TV menus that allows that, indeed I can't even find a PC setting...very odd.

Still a happy chappy with the TV and for my needs it really was the best purchase I could have made as it is a great compromise between movies and gaming. Glad you found the review and thanks to bigboss for posting the link, hope you enjoyed it despite it being epic in length :oops:

Samsung UE55F8000 TV (THX professional calibrated), Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence configuration), Sony BDPS790, Yamaha RX-A2020, Marantz PM6004, Marantz CD6003, Virgin TiVo 1TB, Playstation 4, Playstation 3, WD TV Live, WD My Book World 1TB.

Pages