13956 posts / 0 new
Last post
Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 3596
RE: What are you listening to?

Tina Dico, Welcome back colour... a double album, the first being up/mid tempo and the other purely acoustic... barely a bad track on either.

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Audiolab M-DAC+, Sonos Connect, Accuphase E470, Harbeth SHL5 Plus, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack, matching LS stands.

daveh75's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 31/07/2008 - 18:54
Posts: 8986
RE: What are you listening to?

Noah And The Whale - Heart Of Nowhere

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 6676
RE: What are you listening to?

The Offspring - Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzY2Qcu5i2A

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 6676
RE: What are you listening to?

Melanie C - Suddenly Monday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBqQ_BLvlQM

Yes I know it's a song by one of the Spice Girls but I like it anyway. :oops:

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1840
RE: What are you listening to?

Caro Emerald Deleted scenes from the cutting room floor  Dance 4 .When I got in tonight it was laying ontop of hifi unit so I thought give it a go and its very pleasent not something I would buy but as I didn't I quite like it  :grin:

Musical Fidelity M6500i, Musical Fidelity M6 CDP, Musical Fidelity Encore Connect, ATC SCM 40s, Cord Chameleon plus XLRs, Tellurium Q Black speaker cables.

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 6676
RE: What are you listening to?

toyota man wrote:

Caro Emerald Deleted scenes from the cutting room floor  Dance 4 .When I got in tonight it was laying ontop of hifi unit so I thought give it a go and its very pleasent not something I would buy but as I didn't I quite like it  :grin:

That's a fantastic album. I love the 1920's swing style with just a hint of modernism. Dirol

 

She's just released a new album this week called 'The Shocking Miss Emerald'. I had a quick listen to it on YouTube last night but didn't think it was as good as 'Deleted Scenes'. I haven't had a proper listen to it yet so I'll reserve judgement until I've had the chance to listen to the whole album properly from beginning to end.

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1840
RE: What are you listening to?

steve_1979 wrote:

toyota man wrote:

Caro Emerald Deleted scenes from the cutting room floor  Dance 4 .When I got in tonight it was laying ontop of hifi unit so I thought give it a go and its very pleasent not something I would buy but as I didn't I quite like it  :grin:

That's a fantastic album. I love the 1920's swing style with just a hint of modernism. Dirol

 

She's just released a new album this week called 'The Shocking Miss Emerald'. I had a quick listen to it on YouTube last night but didn't think it was as good as 'Deleted Scenes'. I haven't had a proper listen to it yet so I'll reserve judgement until I've had the chance to listen to the whole album properly from beginning to end.

I agree with you its a great sound and I will I am sure be listening to the new 1 as she who must be obeyed  will buy it Smile  

Musical Fidelity M6500i, Musical Fidelity M6 CDP, Musical Fidelity Encore Connect, ATC SCM 40s, Cord Chameleon plus XLRs, Tellurium Q Black speaker cables.

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 6676
RE: What are you listening to?

Puccini - Nessun Dorma (Pavarotti)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdTBml4oOZ8

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1840
RE: What are you listening to?

Permanent Vacation Areosmith Hang man dury Free Alright now. Jelly roll Joe Bonamassa streeming through my Denon AV amp as her indoors is watching Sir Allen  Smile I forgot the Knife Genesis Trespass :rockout:

Musical Fidelity M6500i, Musical Fidelity M6 CDP, Musical Fidelity Encore Connect, ATC SCM 40s, Cord Chameleon plus XLRs, Tellurium Q Black speaker cables.

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1840
RE: What are you listening to?

By the way The Red Hot Chilli Peppers :rockout: what a great album :rockout: Dance 4 :rockout:

Musical Fidelity M6500i, Musical Fidelity M6 CDP, Musical Fidelity Encore Connect, ATC SCM 40s, Cord Chameleon plus XLRs, Tellurium Q Black speaker cables.

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 6676
RE: What are you listening to?

toyota man wrote:

By the way The Red Hot Chilli Peppers :rockout: what a great album :rockout: Dance 4 :rockout:

Couldn't agree more.  :rockout:

 

I like the random trumpet half way through the album.

Frank Harvey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 14165
RE: What are you listening to?

Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet

 

 

Frank Harvey Hi-Fi Excellence

Frank Harvey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 14165
RE: What are you listening to?

Porcupine Tree - The Incident

 

 

Frank Harvey Hi-Fi Excellence

iceman16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago
Joined: 08/02/2011 - 12:55
Posts: 1314
RE: What are you listening to?

Jacques Loussier - Adagio

 Musical Fidelity AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT AVt-MA, Matrix 12 / ViaBlue-X40 /Furutech / Isotek Orion

 

 

 

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 3596
RE: What are you listening to?

Just received Over Land and Sea by Canadian outfit Lauren Mann and The Fairly Odd Folk... superb folk pop melodies... excellent production too.

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Audiolab M-DAC+, Sonos Connect, Accuphase E470, Harbeth SHL5 Plus, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack, matching LS stands.

Pages

Log in to post comments