4 posts / 0 new
Last post
QuestForThe13thNote's picture
American made (2017)

Anyone seen this. Is it worth renting on amazon etc. Tom cruise usually makes great films so I’d think so?

PMC twenty5 23. Cyrus electronics : DAC XP Signature pre/dac with PSX-R, Mono X200 signature power amps, stream x signature streamer, cd-t cd transport. Cables  : chord

davidf's picture

Good, not sure about “great”. The Mission Impossible films are good (except the awful second one), Magnolia was excellent (although there were many lead roles in that one), the first Jack Reacher was pretty good, really enjoyed Edge Of Tomorrow, Oblivion was pretty good, and I know it gets a bit of a slagging, but I really like the War Of The World’s remake. Not sure American Made will be up there with those, but I’m sure there’s worse out at the moment!

www.thelittleaudio.company jewellery quarter, birmingham

amphion | audio technica | bluesound | convert technologies | clearaudio | eclipse | electrocompaniet | hegel | heco | innuos | kef | larsen | moon | ophidian | svs | technics

QuestForThe13thNote's picture
It wasn’t great but

It wasn’t great but worthwhile watching. I’d probably only give it 7/10. The plot was a bit too biographical and as if watching a documentary. They should have done it like goodfellas with the voiceover and some more stories and sub plots thrown in of the character. 

PMC twenty5 23. Cyrus electronics : DAC XP Signature pre/dac with PSX-R, Mono X200 signature power amps, stream x signature streamer, cd-t cd transport. Cables  : chord

chebby's picture
Collateral was pretty good.

Collateral was pretty good.

iPad Mini 3 • iPhone 7 • B&W P3 Series 2 • Mac Mini • Apple TV3 • Marantz M-CR611 and M-CR603 • Pro-ject Tuner Box S • Audio-Note AX-Two • JPW Sonatas • Quad Vena