80 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 23259
It doesn't do it on the other

It doesn't do it on the other TVs in the house and not my old ones.  

1I-m so happy

ellisdj's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 16 hours ago
Joined: 11/12/2008 - 17:55
Posts: 6042
gel wrote:

gel wrote:

ellisdj wrote:

interested to see a photo of the fault if you have one?

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/616/31704296006_1d09066838_z_d.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/606/31595021722_5354cdbbc2_z_d.jpg

 

I cant see anything obvious from those shots - they are not the best can you wither highlight circle them or take with another programme on? Cheers

My System Walkthrough 

Pursuit Perfect System

Twitter - Pursuit@PerfectSystem_

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 23259
ellisdj wrote:

ellisdj wrote:

gel wrote:

ellisdj wrote:

interested to see a photo of the fault if you have one?

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/616/31704296006_1d09066838_z_d.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/606/31595021722_5354cdbbc2_z_d.jpg

 

I cant see anything obvious from those shots - they are not the best can you wither highlight circle them or take with another programme on? Cheers

That's the best I can do I am afraid because they marks are flashing white lights and you can see them on the black screen more clearly.  

1I-m so happy

rocketrazor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/12/2009 - 17:29
Posts: 1160
seems more like a fault with

seems more like a fault with Sky than the TV itself.  can you set your screen to overscan/not overscan?  I know the settings on the Panasonics enabled you to do this and it shuts off the 'dodgy edge bits' of broadcasts.  it zooms the picture in ever so slightly to hide the edges.

Has anything changed on Sky or the TV?  Firmware upgrade etc?

Lounge: Panasonic 50GT50, Marantz SR7011, PS3, Wii, Mission M series, BK P12-300 Sub DF, Mico DVD-A980, Humax Foxsat-HDR, Philips VR 550 (yes I still have a vcr!), Sony CDP-XE570

Conservatory: Panasonic 42GT20

rocketrazor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/12/2009 - 17:29
Posts: 1160
ellisdj wrote:

ellisdj wrote:

gel wrote:

ellisdj wrote:

interested to see a photo of the fault if you have one?

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/616/31704296006_1d09066838_z_d.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/606/31595021722_5354cdbbc2_z_d.jpg

 

I cant see anything obvious from those shots - they are not the best can you wither highlight circle them or take with another programme on? Cheers

you can see the light top and bottom corners of the screen

Lounge: Panasonic 50GT50, Marantz SR7011, PS3, Wii, Mission M series, BK P12-300 Sub DF, Mico DVD-A980, Humax Foxsat-HDR, Philips VR 550 (yes I still have a vcr!), Sony CDP-XE570

Conservatory: Panasonic 42GT20

ellisdj's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 16 hours ago
Joined: 11/12/2008 - 17:55
Posts: 6042
If what I think your

If what I think your referring to thats not a tv fault - its just how its displaying a poor quality signal lower than full bandwith.

If it was a fault it would do it with all content 

My System Walkthrough 

Pursuit Perfect System

Twitter - Pursuit@PerfectSystem_

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 23259
Just got to see what LG say

Just got to see what LG say now, John Lewis have logged it as a fault.  

1I-m so happy

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 18907
Based on what you're

Based on what you're describing, it cannot be a fault with the TV panel itself. Try swapping the HDMI cables or try a different HDMI input.

ellisdj's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 16 hours ago
Joined: 11/12/2008 - 17:55
Posts: 6042
My lg led does same thing.

My lg led does same thing. Will post a pic in a bit can see it easy on telly tubbys. Thats how exciting my tv life is

If your reporting it as a fault to get a replacment you should have waited until next years models are out

My System Walkthrough 

Pursuit Perfect System

Twitter - Pursuit@PerfectSystem_

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 23259
bigboss wrote:

bigboss wrote:

Based on what you're describing, it cannot be a fault with the TV panel itself. Try swapping the HDMI cables or try a different HDMI input.

Yep, tried that.  Cheers.  

1I-m so happy

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 23259
ellisdj wrote:

ellisdj wrote:

My lg led does same thing. Will post a pic in a bit can see it easy on telly tubbys. Thats how exciting my tv life is

If your reporting it as a fault to get a replacment you should have waited until next years models are out

How many channels does it do it on?  Is it Sky?  Cheers.  

1I-m so happy

ellisdj's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 16 hours ago
Joined: 11/12/2008 - 17:55
Posts: 6042
 

  photo 20161220_070106_zpshiefpsze.jpg

I havent had time to check anything else Gel, this is CBeebiesHD on Virgin - I noticed this this morning for the first time.  Never bothered looking before.

If you look hard enough you will find at least one fault with everty tv - normally more than 1 - none of them are perfect.  There are other far worse like DSE etc

I dont think yours is a fault - if that is all you have noticed in 8 months of ownership and use then I think your doing ok - you might swop the set out and have more obvious problems and flaws with the new one.

If it was doing it in every channel on sky I would say maybe but if its only certain channels its the channels - faults are consistent or sometimes intermittent - but if it was intermittent you would get it randomly with all content, not just the same channels all the time 

My System Walkthrough 

Pursuit Perfect System

Twitter - Pursuit@PerfectSystem_

jjbomber's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 16 hours ago
Joined: 22/12/2006 - 00:42
Posts: 3413
???

ellisdj wrote:

I havent had time to check anything else Gel, this is CBeebiesHD on Virgin - I noticed this this morning for the first time.  Never bothered looking before.

Those aren't flashing white lights - they're clouds!

''If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours''.

ellisdj's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 16 hours ago
Joined: 11/12/2008 - 17:55
Posts: 6042
You need to zoom in there is

You need to zoom in there is a white line across the top. Its not flashing though i missed that comment from gel.
Below the white line is a bit that looks a touch blurred and grey ish.
Thats how gels second picture looks.

My System Walkthrough 

Pursuit Perfect System

Twitter - Pursuit@PerfectSystem_

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 23259
ellisdj wrote:

ellisdj wrote:

 

I havent had time to check anything else Gel, this is CBeebiesHD on Virgin - I noticed this this morning for the first time.  Never bothered looking before.

If you look hard enough you will find at least one fault with everty tv - normally more than 1 - none of them are perfect.  There are other far worse like DSE etc

I dont think yours is a fault - if that is all you have noticed in 8 months of ownership and use then I think your doing ok - you might swop the set out and have more obvious problems and flaws with the new one.

If it was doing it in every channel on sky I would say maybe but if its only certain channels its the channels - faults are consistent or sometimes intermittent - but if it was intermittent you would get it randomly with all content, not just the same channels all the time 

Yep, I can see the swirls.  Yep, I thought that too that I might end up having more issues when this is a bit of a non-issue at the moment for me.  I will just see what LG come back with but even then I will probably just keep it.  If it wasn't on Sky Sports 1 on the football then I wouldn't be that bothered, but just viewing it now I couldn't even see it.  One thing I don't want to happen is that it gets worse or something like that.  

1I-m so happy

Pages

Log in to post comments