3 posts / 0 new
Last post
kadrek's picture
Last seen: 4 years 5 months ago
Joined: 14/08/2013 - 11:10
Posts: 1
DAC to computer cable question

I just got a pair of new Monitor60's and ordered a HK 3480 stereo receiver online. I want to be able to play music from my computer through the speakers. I was looking at the FiiO D3 DAC, http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Digital-Analog-Audio-Converter/dp/B005PWPUW6/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1376475286&sr=1-1&keywords=fiio+d3 . I need a cable to connect it from my computer usb port to the optical in port, is it just a regular usb a to b cable? Or something else? Any help is appreciated!


abacus's picture
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 24/09/2008 - 23:16
Posts: 1058
RE: DAC to computer cable question

USB, Coaxial and Optical are 3 different types of interfaces and cannot be connected to each other without a converter box.

Buy a USB DAC with RCA outputs to connect your computer to your audio system; there are plenty about at various price points to suit. (Check the WHF reviews and news pages for suggestions)

Hope this helps


Overdose's picture
Last seen: 3 years 1 week ago
Joined: 08/02/2008 - 18:23
Posts: 3672
RE: DAC to computer cable question

The DAC does not have a USB input, for similar money, the Berhinger UCA202 is a USB DAC.

Log in or register to post comments