Just got this set (at £899). Fantastic overall but a few niggles so far:
1) No simple phono AV output sockets so now have to wire my Blu-Ray and Sky Box separately to my hifi amp. What an omission!
2) TV and picture settings need a fair bit of tweaking to make the set wotk like I want (eg turn off screen auto-dimming and annoying Samsung logo; set default picture to Movie (and still tweak); turn off Motion Plus (else get judder on some type of content), etc
3) E-manual slow and too clumsy to use. Tried downloading PDF version but runs to 850-odd (very small) pages. This TV needs a 'Sammy 7000 for Dummies' type book else there is now way you can use all the function.
4) You really need to view this box at eye level for best picture. Quality falls off rapidly if eyeline above or below. Lateral better but best to be generally central.
5) Haven't tried voice/motion recognition and no plans to!
Is there any chance getting a bit more detail on how it does with other sources? There's no mention of whether it would be suitable for gamers....what's the input lag like, and does it have a specific games mode?
Are there any other preset modes for that matter? How easy / difficult is it to calibrate? What level of calibration did you need to do on the set? You say it's worth every penny but for over a grand I'd probably want a bit more information before I purchased it.
Ah, Autumn, when all the old chestnuts come out!
No, we don't, nor indeed by anyone else – well, you did ask...
What did this garbage TV get 5 stars? Honestly, its colour accuracy isn't 5 star worthy, out of the box it may look good to the untrained eye, but anyone can tell that the grays look purple and skin tones look pinky. the black level is nothing to speak of, if you actually used equipment to test it you would realise that too. it suffers from a LOT of clouding and the screen uniformity is just down right awful. The Samsung PNE6500 plasma and the Samsung PNE535 plasma are the only 5 star products I've seen from Samsung this year. THis TV is a 3 star at best, but obviously you get paid by Samsung, don't you?
thats the first thing people ask when they come into the store.can you set the tv up to get the temperature to 6500k.people judge with their eyes not what a test bench telLs them. i have a ue40b7020. i set it up once just like a TECH review told me too. ie gamma,contrast etc.what i finished with was a cinema style picture set to give me the most natural viewing experience. yeah right it was the most rubbish picture i have ever seen. dark, dingy, washed out. we dont sell any plasmas for a reason,,,they are not what people want anymore. the picture quality doesnt give people the viewing experience they want. under normal viewing run a bluray side by side, on this tv and any plasma you want.people will take LED any day of the week.play with your gadgets and let the magazines do there job
Login or register to post comments
A superb budget tablet that, while not flawless, shows some of its pricier competition how it’s done
This Bose is tiny, but its warm, rich bassy sound is music to our ears
The Panasonic WT600 is a very capable TV regardless of its futureproofing and 4K picture
© 2013 Haymarket Publishing