- looks which no other home cinema I have seen can match.
- Whilst the price seems like a lot, getting a decent separates system will cost the same, and will look dreadful.
- It wouldnt play any DVDs or blurays.
- Sent for repair, and it took 3 weeks to repair. Come on - Apple turns things around in a couple of days.
- Took it home, put in a DVD, and it still didn't work! Now DVD's would play for 40 minutes and then stop.
- The machine in the shop had exactly the same issue. Would not play any DVD's - so clearly there is an issue with either a batch of products, or the design of the machine.
- Currently without a machine, and therefore have no sound!
- Sound is average, not great. Also, whilst the rear speakers are wireless, the side speakers are not. You still need to trail wires across the room.
- You don't get many options on the sound/video. For example you can't use only 5.1 speakers - see comments about wires above. Automatic sound set up only works with the full array of speakers. Also if you want to connect your computer to an HDMI source, and connect audio to the digital input - well you can't. There is very little flexibility in the settings for inputs/outputs.
- The problem with buying an All in One is that if something breaks, your entire system has to be thrown out. I'll probably get my money back. If this is Samsungs top of the range build quality, then I am deeply concerned! I bought a 64 inch plasma as well - hope that lasts. When technologu changes, again your entire system is redundant. From this perspective, this is likely to be a very expensive purchase.
Bought smart TV & this theater system (on display in store) together. It was unable to load a regular DVD to play. CD's wouldn't play - sound would pause & continue. When HDMI cord was unplugged from the TV, the CD would play. A tech came to the house twice & replaced the system but was unable to determine why it wouldn't play a CD while connected to the TV. The replacement would play some DVD's but not all. Tech & Samsung had no answer so we're returning it. The speakers are huge & on stands. Need lots of room if you were to get a unit that works for all media it claims to play.
If you rent DVD's, they're often imperfect. This player can't handle the slightest inperfection. It just stops playing. We put the same DVD into our old player & it worked fine. If you have a big DVD collection, there are probably some that won't load, difficulty playing, etc... When it works, the sound is great- WHEN... Very expensive system, especially with all its problems!!
Login or register to post comments
A great amp with some notable musical skills, but it loses a star compared with its better-performing, better-specified rivals
Another admirable and attractive soundbar from LG, pipped to that fifth star by fierce competition
The large screen and punchy picture are highly attractive for this price, but you’ll have to forego the smart features and Full HD resolution
© 2014 Haymarket Publishing